Get the Logos 5 Engine for Free

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 19 2013 2:37 PM

We spend the vast majority of our development time (bug fixes, performance improvements, and new feature construction) on Logos 5. As a result, L5 is our fastest, most stable, and most powerful study software ever. The performance improvement between L4 and L5 on Mac is quite stark.

If you're still using version 4 or earlier, you don't have to miss out! Today, I posted a quick explanation of how to get the newest/best version of Logos.

I'd encourage all of you to download the Logos 5 engine for free.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 1
Scott Foreman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 4:59 AM

For free???  Heading to the link now :)

Posts 1
Craig Rhoades | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 8:41 PM

Do I understand "free" correctly: this free engine is free if I purchase a Logos 5 package, minimum package is about $90. So free=$90 minimum. Did I get that right? 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 8:48 PM

Craig Rhoades:

Do I understand "free" correctly: this free engine is free if I purchase a Logos 5 package, minimum package is about $90. So free=$90 minimum. Did I get that right? 

Welcome Big Smile

Free Logos 5 software => https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/install can be used with Free Logos resources => https://www.logos.com/products/search?sort=pricelo&pageSize=30 and Free Vyrso eBooks => https://vyrso.com/products/search?start=&sort=pricelo&pageSize=15

Purchasing a package adds resources for Logos use; wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Upgrade_or_Crossgrade that includes what Logos 5 features need resource(s) for their use.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 16 2014 8:53 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/User_Contributed_Personal_Books that can be Freely added.

Thankful for 740 Free Vyrso ebooks since Thanksgiving 2011.

Thankful for 32 Free Logos resources plus Free Perseus collections => https://www.logos.com/products/search?Product+Type=Perseus

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 17 2014 3:16 AM

Craig Rhoades:

no. This free engine is free as in $0 minimum. You can right now install it, no purchase required. 

Of course you need to understand what Logos is: the most powerful engine to run bible studies accross a library of resources.

You may opt to use it just as an ebook reader that works accross multiple platforms. It will do that - and there are a number of free books to read (notably on Vyrso if you prefer casual reading - and the whole Perseus library if you are more of a classical reader). You may even generate your own books from docx-files.

If you want to go the bible study road, you will of course need a bible. There are free ones. Maybe some study notes (such as in the largest study bible of the world), a scholarly bible dictionary and a Greek New Testament? Still free.  

So, the free engine is not only really free, there are resources that really let you use it and feel the horsepower. 

Of course it may then happen that you like to use your preferred non-free bible, or a specific commentary that you like. Or the "lifeworks" CD-ROM of your favorite preacher that came out in Libronix format a decade ago and now sits marked down at a retailer. So you might happily spend a couple of much less than 90 dollars and be a satisfied user. You may even take advantage of new freebies that come up nearly daily on Vyrso, monthly on Logos.com. Many others found themselves drawn into spending much more than 90 dollars over the years - but that's your decision.  

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 17 2014 7:50 AM

NB.Mick:
So, the free engine is not only really free, there are resources that really let you use it and feel the horsepower.

Thankful for many free engine updates; wiki has => http://wiki.logos.com/Mac_Release_Notes_and_History

Thankful for Logos licensing change to make Logos 4 and Logos 5 engines free with no minimum purchase required.

NB.Mick:
Many others found themselves drawn into spending much more than 90 dollars over the years

+1 Yes Embarrassed  Including free Logos and Vyrso resources, currently averaging $ 2.02 per Logos and Vyrso resource.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 17 2014 9:41 AM

Craig Rhoades:

No, you didn't get that right.  The Logos engine has always been free (and I suspect it always will be).  That means that if you already have Logos resources you don't need anything else (whether you choose to invest further is another question).  Free is FREE, FREE, FREE !  As in "No charge."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 17 2014 9:43 AM

Of course, if you don't already have any Logos resources, why would you want the engine even though it's free?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1
Guan Toh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 2:30 AM

I hope I am reading this correctly.

I am using Logos 4 now, does it mean that I can download Logos 5 (the free version), and still

be able to 'import' in my entire library set from Logos 4 into Logos 5?

Is this legal?

Thanks guys. 

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 3:33 AM

Guan Toh:

I am using Logos 4 now, does it mean that I can download Logos 5 (the free version), and still

Is this legal?

Thanks guys. 

Welcome to the forums Guan,

Yes, Logos always gives away its free engine.  You can always upgrade to the free engine and keep your library.  

What you will not get is the new resources that come with L5.  Thus, you will not get the new functionality that comes with L5

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 3:37 AM

I was trying to edit my last post, but I keep getting an error.

What you will get with the new L5 engine is the bug fixes that they did not put into L4.  You will also get any new functionality in L5 that does not require any new resources (which if I remember correctly is not a huge list). 

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 23 2014 3:49 AM

Guan Toh:

Is this legal?

Thanks guys. 

you won't even need to 'import' anything: Logos 5 will install over Logos 4 and just use your existing library (from reading about it: as a Mac user you may want to throw away the redundant Logos 4 icon afterwards [don't delete the folders!]).

This is perfectly legal since Logos offers it - the first post in this thread is from a Logos employee which you can see from the blue company logo below the avatar picture.

Posts 39
John T Reagan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 9:55 AM

OK, so I installed Logos 5.  I've been using the Logos 4 Bible Study base package.  Its been great, although maybe a little short on resources.  The L6 packages are too expensive for my budget, are the L5 packages still available?  (I couldn't find any on the Logos web site.)

Posts 9812
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 9:56 AM

John T Reagan:

OK, so I installed Logos 5.  I've been using the Logos 4 Bible Study base package.  Its been great, although maybe a little short on resources.  The L6 packages are too expensive for my budget, are the L5 packages still available?  (I couldn't find any on the Logos web site.)

No, at least not from Logos.

Posts 9945
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 31 2015 10:01 AM

John T Reagan:

Packages?  No, but you can use your resources with L5.  In fact, you will shortly be able to get the L6 engine free, Free, FREE, FREE, FREE !

george
gfsomsel

Posts 24443
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 5 2015 2:21 PM

John T Reagan:
The L6 packages are too expensive for my budget,

The gap will continue to grow as L6 packages and crossgrades include features from L4 and L5 that you don't have.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS