Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 8
Ryan Sickenger | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:32 AM

I have a macbook and recently dowloaded logos 5.  Sometimes the product will work well for awhile but usually it crashes shortly after opening.  I tried to run a log shortly after it crashed, hopefully I did it right.  Thanks for the help.  4061.LogosLogs.rsickenger.20131120-005327.zip

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:38 AM

Try the following:

1. Start Logos with the Cmd key pressed down.
  2. When the dialogue box appears, choose Offline mode.
  3. When Logos is open, click on the little gear-wheel at the bottom left of the Home Page and uncheck Verse of the Day.
  4. Restart normally to get back to online mode.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:38 AM

Rick, you are having the same problem that a number of other Mac users have had sine yesterday. Take a look at this thread for some work-around ideas: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/77842/544162.aspx#544162

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8
Ryan Sickenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:39 AM

what is the dialogue box?

Posts 9102
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:45 AM

Ryan Sickenger:
what is the dialogue box?

Have you tried? You'll see it when it comes up! If you don't see it you may not have held the CMD key down long enough.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 8
Ryan Sickenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 7:51 AM

Okay bad news.  I did everything you guys said.  I opened it and went into offline mode and unchecked the verse of the day and then closed the app.  I reopened and it crashed again immediately.  want me to try and run another log to show you whats going on?

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:06 AM

Yes, please.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8
Ryan Sickenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:21 AM

okay here you go.  Thank you for your help.

8244.LogosLogs.rsickenger.20131120-102028.zip

Posts 25105
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:19 PM

Ryan Sickenger:
okay here you go.

The log indicates a possible problem with the library catalog /Users/rsickenger/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/cyrrqkbi.mba/LibraryCatalog/catalog.db. If you delete this file it will take a considerable time to regenerate when you restart Logos. You could try this or contact Logos Support for a more complete diagnosis.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 8
Ryan Sickenger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 12:26 PM

Dave Hooton:

The log indicates a possible problem with the library catalog /Users/rsickenger/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/cyrrqkbi.mba/LibraryCatalog/catalog.db. If you delete this file it will take a considerable time to regenerate when you restart Logos. You could try this or contact Logos Support for a more complete diagnosis.

Where is this file exactly?

Posts 22095
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:15 PM

Ryan Sickenger:
Where is this file exactly?

By default (in later versions of iOS) it is hidden.

See http://www.macworld.com/article/2057221/how-to-view-the-library-folder-in-mavericks.html for details on how to see it

Posts 10599
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:33 PM

Graham Criddle:
By default (in later versions of iOS) it is hidden.

Your advice is good, but the desktop operating system is not iOS—that's iPad & iPhone—It is just OS Big Smile Still, you windows guys are getting good at offering useful advice to Mac users.

Posts 22095
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 1:35 PM

Jack Caviness:
It is just OS Big Smile

CloseEmbarrassed

Jack Caviness:
Still, you windows guys are getting good at offering useful advice to Mac users.

We trySmile

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS