continued crash

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 12
Junghoon Lim | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 21 2013 3:09 AM

I purchased Logos 4 with the scholarly version before,

Recently, I just updated the software to Logos 5.

Then, now I have two problems.

1. The Logos has been crashing consistently each time I try to access a layout.

2. To solve the problem above, I deleted all the program and data and downloaded the program again. But still it crashes, AND I only see about 500 resources, which is quite less than before.

Posts 24915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 3:28 AM

Junghoon lim:
1. The Logos has been crashing consistently each time I try to access a layout.

Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs after a crash as per https://www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/problem

Junghoon lim:
AND I only see about 500 resources, which is quite less than before.

Try trying the command "update now" in the command box and see if that adds in the missing resources.

Posts 12
Junghoon Lim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 4:12 AM

1. Thanks. After looking at others' posts, I noticed that 'verse of the day' seems to cause the problem, so I have unchecked. I will see what's going on. If the problem remains the same, I will put the log here as you suggested. (I downloaded the utility already)

2. For the resource, although I checked the updated, it says 'no update available'. Is it right that with the scholarly version, one would have only 528 resources? I thought there are more.

Posts 24915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:56 AM

Junghoon lim:
I noticed that 'verse of the day' seems to cause the problem, so I have unchecked

Yesterday's issue with verse of the day seems to have been resolved so it should no longer be causing a problem.

Junghoon lim:
Is it right that with the scholarly version, one would have only 528 resources? I thought there are more.

There were different versions of the scholar's package with resource count going from 413 to 531 so what you are reporting sounds about right.

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 11:36 AM

Junghoon lim:
2. For the resource, although I checked the updated, it says 'no update available'.

Did you used the command "Update Now"? The screenshot you provided in the original post shows version 5.2.0, yet the most recent version is 5.2 SR-1. If Update Now does not provide the necessary update, you can manually download the latest version from this link Mac

Posts 29617
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 11:55 AM

Junghoon lim:
Thanks. After looking at others' posts, I noticed that 'verse of the day' seems to cause the problem

Please don't ever take someone else's medicine. You don't know if their problem IS YOUR problem. Wink

Junghoon lim:
To solve the problem above, I deleted all the program and data and downloaded the program again.

Those are very drastic actions. Your first response should be to post the issue clearly in the forums, with logs. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS