Long-term Bug: 'Plundering' the right-click search menu

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 24 2013 10:23 AM

Just reminding Logos to eventually fix its right-click 'search this resource' menu choice.  I thought the problem with using the right-click to search a lemma was limited to the 'search this resource' choice. However the problem is also in a morph-search as below.

In the example, I'm in LHI in Exo 3.22 concerning the obvious problem with 'deliver' vs 'plunder'. I right-clicked the verb for an easy morph-search. But Logos 'delivers' me to Exodus 5 (??).  Not sure why. But I do feel 'plundered' after 4 years of bad deliverances. Logos is a troublesome searcher.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 24 2013 11:36 AM

Denise:
I right-clicked the verb for an easy morph-search. But Logos 'delivers' me to Exodus 5 (??).  Not sure why.

The reason this happens is because the last Morph search you did was in Exodus 5, it keeps the last range. If you click on "Exodus 5" and select "All Passages" before you close the pane, it will work correctly again.

I don't know enough to know if it is by design or a bug, but it has indeed done this for years. I have learned to just click back to "All passages" once I am done. It's annoying but easy to work around once you know why it happens.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 24 2013 12:27 PM

Thanks, Don. 

But at least they got the right resource; they're making progress.

And also they figured OT searches should at least get somewhere in the OT. That was a major step.

They're still working on some Bibles having an 'a-po-cry-pha'. Tobit?

Jerome must be laughing too hard.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS