Bug – Crash reporting typos

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 27 2013 3:08 PM

Reporting a series of typos in Africa Bible Commentary (Bad links in the last paragraph of the section on Psalm 119 v 73-144.

The crash occurred as I attempted to report the third link.

7345.LogosLogs.mike.20131127-230213.zip

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 30 2013 1:12 AM

The 'Logos Error.log' which is included in the above post of logs shows...

"ManagedException: An exception was thrown in managed code."

I take it that the 'managed code' wasn't?

The 'Logos Error–2.log' shows 

"Error building request (POST https://services.logos.com/resource/v3/FileService.svc).
System.Net.WebException: Error getting response stream (Write: BeginWrite failure): SendFailure --->"

I thought that we Mac users were spared the vagaries of the .net nightmare.

The LogosCrash.txt shows

Error ID: 9082
Error detail: FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Logos.Documents.CustomResourceMetadata.Client, Version=6.0.0.4277, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

Anybody any idea where my missing Logos.Documents may have gone?

All the other bits I posted seem to show that the 'managed code' was singularly unmanaged.

Anybody from Logos with an explanation of what went wrong or a solution to the problem?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 3 2013 1:53 PM

Does attempting to report a typo on that link consistently crash? It looks like it's getting a null value when trying to display the popup for that particular area of the resource (presumably that third link). 

I'll make a case for a developer to look into this.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Posts 5978
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 3 2013 3:18 PM

Dylan Rondeau:
Does attempting to report a typo on that link consistently crash? It looks like it's getting a null value when trying to display the popup for that particular area of the resource (presumably that third link). 

Thanks Dylan

I have just been back and annoyingly (for your typo people) repeated the exercise in reverse order without incident.

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 1258
LogosEmployee
Dylan Rondeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 3 2013 3:21 PM

After posting I did some more poking around and was indeed able to repeat your crash. Smile I'll update the thread once the developers take a look at it.

Dylan Rondeau, Software Tester

Enable Logging: Mac | Windows (Right-click "Save As...")

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS