What is Logos coming to with Pre-pubs?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9005
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 28 2013 6:41 PM

Ok, what's the point of having a pre-pub deal that is going to go up in price before it makes it out of pre-pub? It totally defeats the idea of "Pre-pub." I really don't like this new trend.  I started seeing it in the Spanish pre-pub program and now has moved over to the English.  What's worse is that it only goes up a couple of dollars: https://www.logos.com/product/36928/eerdmans-d-a-carson-collection?utm_source=logos5message&utm_medium=appemessage&utm_content=36928&utm_campaign=logosprepub2013q4b <~~This is one example among many (check out some of the NICOT/NT for more examples).

Any thoughts or ideas why this pointless trend is happening?

DAL

Posts 9799
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 6:45 PM

My guess is that the idea is to motivate people to jump in quickly so as to gain momentum quickly.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3883
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 6:50 PM

I thought that was always the way it worked - that pre-pub prices could go up at any time, just not up to the final retail price.  I never bothered to check, but I thought I had heard of this in the past.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 35771
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 7:15 PM

DAL:
Any thoughts or ideas why this pointless trend is happening?

I simply assumed that it had something to do with the contract for the large Eerdmans release - I didn't assume that it was a trend.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 28 2013 8:39 PM

MJ. Smith:
I simply assumed that it had something to do with the contract for the large Eerdmans release - I didn't assume that it was a trend.

We have seen this happen to Zondervan Pre-Pubs also.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6004
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 29 2013 2:17 AM

Floyd Johnson:

I thought that was always the way it worked - that pre-pub prices could go up at any time, just not up to the final retail price.  I never bothered to check, but I thought I had heard of this in the past.

Floyd is correct. Pre-Pub pricing has always worked this way.  For the official word see:

https://www.logos.com/prepub/about 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS