Library Types

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
William Blair | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2009 5:01 AM

LOGOS needs to review the library type assignments and make the proper adjustments or allow the user to make changes. I want to use the Apologetics Study Bible for my annual reading plan. However, I cannot do that because it is listed as a Bible Commentary and not as a Bible. Unless someone knows how to get around this problem, LOGOS to make this an updatable field.

Posts 27036
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 5:42 AM

I don't understand how you can consider the Apologetics Study Bible to be a Bible. I scarcely consider it a Bible Commentary as it picks and chooses which chapters to comment upon.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 19
William Blair | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 6:39 AM

Thank you for your opinion, however, your comment did not address my concern or question which is to have LOGOS allow the user to change the library types. I am surpised that you do not consider the Apologetics Study Bible to be a Bible. It is the Holman Christian Standard Bible translation. Just like the ESV, Scofield, NIV, and KJV Study Bibles, there are study helps and commentaries on various topics.  No study Bible is able to comment on every chapter. That is why we have commentaries that do that. This Bible is designed to help the Christian in defense of the Gospel.  I want to be able to use it for my annual reading plan and at present I cannot do that. If you have a solution, I would appreciate that very much.

Posts 9526
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 6:41 AM

All you get with a study Bible in Logos are the notes, not the Bible text. So Logos cannot create a Bible reading plan from it. What you'll need to do is use a Bible version you like and then when you read, link the Bible pane to the Apologetics Study Bible so they scroll together.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 19
William Blair | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 6:46 AM

Thank you for your very helpful and useful comment. I did not realize that the LOGOS only put the study notes in the file. Now that I have reviewed that file, I see what you mean. I will make that connection. Again, thank you.

Posts 27036
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 7:13 AM

William Blair:
Thank you for your opinion, however, your comment did not address my concern or question which is to have LOGOS allow the user to change the library types.

I'm pretty sure Logos have no plans to allow us to change the library types as it affects a number of key processes and reports in L4. I would like them to duplicate the values into a user-editable field like My Tags so that I can use them to better organise my Collections. But that would not achieve what you want.

William Blair:
I am surpised that you do not consider the Apologetics Study Bible to be a Bible. It is the Holman Christian Standard Bible translation.

I wonder if we are talking about the same resource -> APLGSTDYBBL.logos4, 2009-10-26T20:36:23Z  (from the resource Information page).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS