Feature Requests: Layouts

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Anonymous | | Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:03 AM

I'd like to make a few suggestions regarding the Layouts menu.  They are in no particular order.

1. When the screen size is less than XGA resolution, please have a more compact form, perhaps without snapshots.  Rationale: I use Logos4 using remote desktop on a PDA, so I use it at oddball resolutions like 640x480, 480x640 and 800x600 a lot.
  2. I'd like a quick way to give the Now snapshot the name of the last loaded snapshot.  This name should be preserved across invocations of the Logos 4 program.  Rationale:  I update my layout (and in Logos3 workspace) frequently as I use it to keep my place in multiple resources at once.  This was fairly easy in Logos3 as the Save dialog was initialized with the last saved workspace.
  3. Add Find context menu to the Named Layouts column.   Rationale:  Means I don't have to type in the name of the layout to see all the snapshots named that.
  4. Add Save Current Snapshot context menu to the Named Layouts column.  Rationale:  For sermon series I create a layout for the series.  When a new series starts, I set things up from scratch.  This would make it easy to overwrite Sermon without having to type in the layout name.
  5. When the screen resolution is adjusted from bigXsmall (eg. 1280x800) to smallXbig (800x1280) it would be nice if the tab layouts adjusted from horizontal to vertical orientation (and vice versa).  That is, if in the former resolution, it was three columns, in the new resolution it becomes three vertically stacked windows.  Rationale:  Tablet PCs have a button to rotate the screen 90 degrees.  The resulting columns are too narrow.  In Logos 3, I had a script that would swap the X and Y coordinates and sizes around that worked exellent for this (I can provide the script if you don't quite follow what I mean).  The effect of this was that if the screen rotates 90 degrees, the tabs would stay in their current positions on the screen (with small adjustments for the task bar moving), and just the contents of each tab would rotate 90 degrees.
  6. The above suggestion might be useful for just resizing windows too.  Rationale:  I have a dual monitor setup where one is oriented in profile and the other in landscape.  When windows get moved and resized from one to the other, it would be just as useful as on a tablet if horizontally and vertically adjacent of tabs got reversed when the windows go from tall and narrow to short and wide.

My name is Adam. I work at Faithlife with the software teams responsible for the Logos desktop and web apps.

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:19 AM

I think something along the lines of #2 is in the works.

A BIG Yes to #5/6. I have a monitor that can be rotated and Logos always requires some fiddling to get it to play nice after a change for langscape to portrait.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS