Endless Sync

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 6 2013 1:11 AM

I have recently posted this issue in the "desktop beta" section of the forum however, I am on the "default" update channel running the latest stable version of Logos 5 and CONTINUE to have issues of endless syncing! I thought it was related to leaving L5 running in the background for extended periods of time but such is NOT the case! I have had to "force quit" three times this morning alone due to the endless sync and increased cpu usage (fan kicks in as heat builds up). This occurs with absolutely no other program and in fact it has been chronic with L5! I have posted logs all to no avail! Something is obviously wrong with L5! For all of the good things that can be said of Logos 5 this is turning out to be rather annoying to say the least!

Here is another fresh set of logs.

8547.LogosLogs.rcdeacon.20131206-040756.zip

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

MacBook Air (2017) Mojave

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 10428
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 4:09 AM

This may have already been asked in the other threads where you describe this problem, but I do not remember. Do you allow your computer to sleep while Logos is running? Tom Philpott indicated that they have identified a problem with Mono which will be fixed in the next beta cycle.

BTW: There was a special warning about the 5.2a beta. That it will have a greater potential for damage than other beta releases.

Posts 490
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 6:38 AM

Jack, I did see the warning and I think I am going to opt out of the beta for right now to prevent problems. I have been allowing my computer to sleep with Logos running but I ceased doing that and this morning I woke up my computer (it was sleeping) and then started Logos when these sync problems began. Not sure what the problem is but it is becoming aggravating!

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

MacBook Air (2017) Mojave

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 24488
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 6 2013 4:09 PM

Bob Deacon:
Here is another fresh set of logs.

It would be interesting to see a set of logs in which you do NOTHING - no scrolling, nothing! Let Logos run for about 30 minutes before uploading the logs.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS