Logos 4 Crashed and Won't Load

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:03 PM

Here is what is in my log, hopefully someone knowledgeable can find the issue:

2009-12-23 21:46:25.0589    1    Info    OurApp    Starting application (version 4.01.3.4533) at 0.207 seconds.
2009-12-23 21:46:25.2461    1    Info    OurApp    WPF rendering tier 2; targeting 20 FPS.
2009-12-23 21:46:25.2617    1    Info    OurApp    Auto-detected UI language: en-US
2009-12-23 21:46:25.2617    1    Info    OurApp    Culture.Current.LanguageName: en-US
2009-12-23 21:46:25.2773    1    Info    OurApp    Loading application XAML.
2009-12-23 21:46:26.0885    1    Info    OurApp    Running application.
2009-12-23 21:46:26.1821    1    Info    OurApp    Creating AppModel.
2009-12-23 21:46:26.2289    1    Info    UserManager    Opening UserManager in C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Logos4\Users.
2009-12-23 21:46:26.2445    1    Error    OurApp    Unhandled exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Logos4\Users\UserManager.db' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
   at Libronix.Utility.Data.LocalFileDatabase..ctor(String strPath, Func`2 fnCreateConnection, Func`2 fnValidateDatabase, Action`1 fnCreateDatabase)
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.UserManager..ctor(String strUserManagerFolder)
   at Libronix.DigitalLibrary.UserManager.CreateCommon()
   at LDLS4.OurApp.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at LDLS4.OurApp.InitializeAndRun(ReadOnlyCollection`1 listArgs, SingleInstanceManager sim)
   at LDLS4.OurApp.Main(String[] astrArgs)

To reinstall will be a nightmare as I downloaded all the software and recently purchased the Scholars Library Upgrade from the Bible Study Library.  I still have L3 and it works....it could be that I accidentally synchronized the licenses in L3 because it would not load after that.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.  Uninstall/Reinstall may be the only action.

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:07 PM

RIchard K Ross:
2009-12-23 21:46:26.2445    1    Error    OurApp    Unhandled exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Logos4\Users\UserManager.db' is denied.

Not sure why this happened but seems to have started the crash. Can you tell us what operating system you are using?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 24
Joe K | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:22 PM

I have seen files get locked in memory and then give this error when accessed.  Try rebooting and see if that resolves it.  -JoeK

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2009 8:35 PM

RIchard K Ross:

To reinstall will be a nightmare as I downloaded all the software and recently purchased the Scholars Library Upgrade from the Bible Study Library.  I still have L3 and it works....it could be that I accidentally synchronized the licenses in L3 because it would not load after that.

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.  Uninstall/Reinstall may be the only action.

Let's see if we can avoid the unpleasant alternatives as this looks like an access rights issue. "Access to the path 'C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Logos4\Users\UserManager.db' is denied". So right click the L4 icon and select "run as administrator" (hopefully you are logged in as Admin or know the Admin password).

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 6:29 AM

I am using Win 7 on a laptop.  I tried right-clicking on the icon to run as admin, but it would appear that this is not available in Win7, or at least I was not able to get it to work.  I will check that directory to make sure something didn't get changed by accident when I was looking at that location earlier in the night.  Thanks everyone and have a safe, joyous, Christmas...

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 6:34 AM

Dave,

Thanks and I will try that when I get home, but, I don't know that I can do that in Win7. 

Posts 9553
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 1:27 PM

RIchard K Ross:
Thanks and I will try that when I get home, but, I don't know that I can do that in Win7. 

You should see the option when you right click on the icon in Win 7. If not open the properties dialog through the right click menu and click on the compatibility tab. The option is at the bottom. I assume you have to be logged on as the administrator when you do this. It does work on Win 7.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 671
Michael Lyman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2009 1:49 PM

Right Click on the Logos 4 Icon on your taskbar and then right click on Logos 4.  See screen shot below.

Posts 197
Rick Ross | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:13 AM

Mark and everyone who helped me,

I ended up having to uninstall Logos and reinstall.  Once I ran the setup again, it was off to bed to wake up to a restored program once again.  I am not sure what happened, but, all it well.  Toying with removing L3 entirely.

Is it possible to backup the directory to preclude having to completely perform this process again?

Merry Christmas, one an all!

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS