500 new books for less than $1.00 a title!

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 4:06 PM

Did any of you guys have the book "orthodoxy" in your library after purchasing the "500 package" ?

because mine still available for purchase.. and I couldn't find "orthodoxy" in my library either...

Posts 814
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:28 PM

There's no way I'm gonna click individually through such a large unsorted list - its a bit like a bargain bucket in a DVD shop where everything is just mushed in together.

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 6:36 PM

Richard Lyall:

There's no way I'm gonna click individually through such a large unsorted list - its a bit like a bargain bucket in a DVD shop where everything is just mushed in together.

I understand your frustration and I wish it was easier but it is well worth the effort to see what treasures are held within. Or you can just go for it knowing that it is an amazing deal. Logos' own words say "This is the largest discount we’ve ever offered on any product in our company’s history!" You can let it pass but you might never have this opportunity again.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 225
Alex Bui | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 8:04 PM

mike:

Did any of you guys have the book "orthodoxy" in your library after purchasing the "500 package" ?

because mine still available for purchase.. and I couldn't find "orthodoxy" in my library either...

You are right.  "Orthodoxy" was not downloaded.  Logos will probably fix this in the next few days.

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 21 2013 11:11 PM

Richard, I emailed sales and a few hours later they emailed me back a list of all the volumes I owned / didn't own in this collection. It helped me make up my mind to buy it as I owned so little of this collection, and got a $0.75 / book dynamic price. When I converted this back to GBP, the price seemed even better at under £0.50 / book!

Posts 5321
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2013 3:12 AM

Richard Lyall:

The sale is probably not for everyone - especially if you are not interested in Logos 'Classic' range of titles, but if you are it really doesn't take that much effort or take that long. And what is on offer is so much better than the bargin bucket IMHO. 

Posts 1796
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2013 6:00 AM

Tom Rach:

DAL:
One of the titles I own (Meyer's commentary) is worth $249

What is your opinion of the Meyers Commentary?  I know it went for 30 dollars off of community pricing.  

When looking at the product page, some are giving it a bad review.  

https://www.logos.com/product/9847/critical-and-exegetical-commentary-on-the-new-testament

Do you think it is useful?  Thanks in advance! Tom 

Someone want to give me some advice on this commentary!  Is it worth it, did logos do a good job of putting in hyperlinks to greek words, etc. ?

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 647
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 8:16 AM

mike:

I'm having the same issue with A A Hodge's Commentary on the WCF

Posts 41
Ron M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:38 AM

Also, the two Saint Bernard books aren't showing up.

Posts 647
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:44 AM

Smeaton's 'Doctrine of the Holy Spirit' is included twice on the product listing - once in the Smeaton Theology Collection and once as a standalone.

Does that mean it's actually "The 499 book mega pack"?!

Posts 1373
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:45 AM

I clicked through some of the titles, especially the commentaries in the mega deal.  I don't see any modern (this century or latter part of last century) commentaries in it.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks!

Peter

Posts 22860
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 9:56 AM

PL:

I clicked through some of the titles, especially the commentaries in the mega deal.  I don't see any modern (this century or latter part of last century) commentaries in it.

Have I missed anything?

No I don't believe you have missed anything.

Logos say that they have "pulled together 500 classic titles" so I wouldn't expect to see anything which is modern

Posts 655
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 10:20 AM

Peter,

These titles are probably 99% public domain. Logos can price them low because they don't pay a publisher. Logos tried to put together a mixture of books that would appeal to most customers. In my opinion, they did well.

Posts 9239
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 1:56 PM

Into Grace:
Logos tried to put together a mixture of books that would appeal to most customers. In my opinion, they did well.

I agree. Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:17 PM

Stephen Steele:

mike:

You are totally right!

A Commentary on the Confession of Faith also not included neither in the download nor in my library.

thanks for pointing this, I had to call CS to get it unlock.

apparently this is a known issue, many of those who purchased the 500 bundle didn't get all their books. (said CS)

Posts 1796
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:19 PM

Tom Rach:

Tom Rach:

DAL:
One of the titles I own (Meyer's commentary) is worth $249

What is your opinion of the Meyers Commentary?  I know it went for 30 dollars off of community pricing.  

When looking at the product page, some are giving it a bad review.  

https://www.logos.com/product/9847/critical-and-exegetical-commentary-on-the-new-testament

Do you think it is useful?  Thanks in advance! Tom 

Someone want to give me some advice on this commentary!  Is it worth it, did logos do a good job of putting in hyperlinks to greek words, etc. ?

Any one want to give their "two cents" about this resource? 

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 41
Ron M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:34 PM

mike:

Stephen Steele:

mike:

You are totally right!

A Commentary on the Confession of Faith also not included neither in the download nor in my library.

thanks for pointing this, I had to call CS to get it unlock.

apparently this is a known issue, many of those who purchased the 500 bundle didn't get all their books. (said CS)

Now Orthodoxy and the two Saint Bernard books(Saint Bernard on the Love of God and Saint Bernard on Consideration) that I was looking forward to aren't even on the sale page.  I hope they didn't make a mistake in putting them on there in the first place.

Posts 1882
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:38 PM

apparently there's a mess in the marketing & sales department ..

I just spoke with CS and apparently they MIGHT PULL OFF some books that we've purchased.

here are 4 more books that didn't get downloaded by me..

The Philocalia of Origen

The Dark Night of the Soul

Saint Bernard on the Love of God

The Ecclesiastical History of the English Nation

I dislike where this is going...

Posts 41
Ron M | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 2:44 PM

mike:

apparently there's a mess in the marketing & sales department ..

I just spoke with CS and apparently they MIGHT PULL OFF some books that we've purchased.

here are 4 more books that didn't get downloaded by me..

The Philocalia of Origen

The Dark Night of the Soul

Saint Bernard on the Love of God

The Ecclesiastical History of the English Nation

I dislike where this is going...

I don't think I like where this is going either.  I was looking forward to these books.  If this happens then it would be somewhat infuriating.

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2013 3:28 PM

mike:

apparently this is a known issue, many of those who purchased the 500 bundle didn't get all their books. (said CS)

That's correct. Orthodoxy and a few other titles were inadvertently left out of the first Mega Pack purchases, but we are working to fix that mistake. There may be a slight delay, but you will receive that book.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS