German Base Packages - Resource Suggestions

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 539
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 12:03 PM

Schumitinu:
So here are my lists of resources divided up into three incremental versions.

GREAT! Thats really great! Thanks!!

I tried to make a full list with all suggestions, but didn't have enough time (finally it was too nurdy for me Sleep - preferred to work on nurdy personal books).

This is how I like the incremental system. Maybe we do not need a lot of commentary works in Base Packages. The higher quality english commentaries aren't in base packages either. 

What I fear, when I think on the incremental system is, that the really pro-versions could get just too expensive for the German market. Sometimes, when I have a look on the english pro-ones I feel bad and sad. So I thank God that I own the SESB 3 (similar to the German Bible Society Bundle). But in my worst moments I wish luck & blessings to the rich & beautiful.  

So would prefer a combined Bundle-System like the other Bible-Software companies. So I don't have to buy resources I do not want and which hinder me to buy the stuff I need. 

Posts 703
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2014 2:40 PM

Hi all,

Things have progressed a little in the last few days and I would like to invite all of you to join me over in our very own Forum "Deutsch" .

All things German will hopefully collect there from now on, making it easier for those of us interested in German to find things on the Forum.

Since this is a thread that in my opinion contains very good information I am going to look into moving this thread into the new category in the coming days.

Here is to a hopefully great debate in our new German Forum!

Thomas

Manager, New Languages

Posts 539
L.A. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 3 2014 12:08 PM

L.A.:

(1) What resources would you suggest for possible German Base Packages?   

• Bibles / Dictionaries / Commentaries / Church History / Lectionaries / Counselling
  • etc. 

(2) Which type of Base Packages would you prefer? ... thematic Base Packages (Theology, Biblical Languages, Counselling, etc.) or incremental Base Packages (as the english ones <-- the bigger and more expensive packages contain the resources of the smaller packages).  

After the "fruitful" discussion above.... ...maybe we should add the following questions:

(3) What would/should be the price-range of/for German Base Packages (B.P.)?

(4) How important are theological/hermeneutical presuppositions and denominational/confessional arguments for a german B.P.? For example:

(a) Would there be the need of German Verbum Base Packages too?

(b) What would be the real difference for Base Packages between possible "conservative" and "liberal" Logos users

Posts 570
Schumitinu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:05 AM

L.A.:

After the "fruitful" discussion above.... ...maybe we should add the following questions:

(3) What would/should be the price-range of/for German Base Packages (B.P.)?

This is a tricky question. My impression is that the German speaking community is not willing to invest a lot for a Bible program. So I give it a try but I don't know whether this is realistic or not :

Grundversion              120 - 150 Euro

Studienversion            299 Euro

Akademische Version 599 Euro

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS