What's cookin' with Logos?

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 28 2013 11:04 AM

It seems that things have been a bit slow lately.  Do you suppose that they are about to drop a bomb shell on us? 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:31 PM

Maybe some much deserved time off.

Smile

Posts 9479
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:43 PM

I think they've been tryin' to cook is sales, so they can finish the year firmly in the black. Seriously, the years they don't have a new software release which usually generates a lot of revenue through new purchasers and upgrades, they have to still pay their staff to work on the next release. You can be sure that is in the works.

This year we've not seen the list of new publishers come on line like the previous 2-3 years. There has been lots of development along the lines of a few user groups: Catholic and SDA seem to have many new offerings this year.  From those user's perspectives it might have been a banner year.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 308
Dean J | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 12:47 PM

Mark Smith:

I think they've been tryin' to cook is sales, so they can finish the year firmly in the black. Seriously, the years they don't have a new software release which usually generates a lot of revenue through new purchasers and upgrades, they have to still pay their staff to work on the next release. You can be sure that is in the works.

This year we've not seen the list of new publishers come on line like the previous 2-3 years. There has been lots of development along the lines of a few user groups: Catholic and SDA seem to have many new offerings this year.  From those user's perspectives it might have been a banner year.

That's what I've been thinking as well. I hope the 500 book special has been able to give them a good end of the year. 

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 1:44 PM

Steve:

Smile

That's certainly part of it. A lot of people take time off during the holidays. I personally have been out of the office for a while getting married. Smile

The development team is certainly still hard at work though. My team (Mobile) just wrapped up the new v4 release of the Android and iOS apps, and we've been preparing the new Noet app for release before the end of the year. I wouldn't expect a bomb shell in the immediate future, but I do look forward to getting back to work in January and continuing to develop new features and fixes!

Posts 6717
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 1:53 PM

Drew Hannay:
I personally have been out of the office for a while getting married

Congrats Drew. May you have a prosperous, happy and long life with your beloved.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 2:57 PM

Mark Smith:

You must have missed the post where Bob expressed his disappointment that they will miss his 5% profit target, and are heading for over 10%.Smile

Mark Smith:
This year we've not seen the list of new publishers come on line like the previous 2-3 years.

Tastes differ. First shippings from Cambridge University Press and St Vladimir's. The long awaited return of Oxford University Press and Liturgical Press. Several important new Catholic publishers. Vastly expanded offerings from SPCK, Ignatius and the Libreria Editrice Vaticana. I'm essentially happy. Still waiting for Paulist and some Orthodox presses. Disappointed we haven't seen a single new title from JPS in the whole year.

Mark Smith:
Catholic and SDA seem to have many new offerings this year.  From those user's perspectives it might have been a banner year.

Catholic University and Liturgical Press may be Catholic, but it wasn't just Catholics that brought Sacra Pagina, the Aramaic Bible and the Fathers of the Church under development.Wink

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 3:13 PM

fgh:
Catholic University and Liturgical Press may be Catholic, but it wasn't just Catholics that brought Sacra Pagina, the Aramaic Bible and the Fathers of the Church under development.Wink

Wow thats impressive, I  didnt realize the Fathers made it to developement. Something I would of liked but cant afford. 

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 3:24 PM

About two months ago, I believe.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 5:19 PM

Drew Hannay:

Steve:

That's certainly part of it. A lot of people take time off during the holidays. I personally have been out of the office for a while getting married.

Congratulations Drew on your recent marriage!  Blessing to you and your bride!

Smile

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 6:02 PM

Drew Hannay:
I personally have been out of the office for a while getting married. Smile

I think that is a fair reason. Wink

Congrats Drew!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1962
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 6:49 PM

Drew Hannay:

That's certainly part of it. A lot of people take time off during the holidays. I personally have been out of the office for a while getting married. Smile

as a part time wedding photographer, I congratulate you man! 

Hopefully those pics come out amazing.. I love to see some of those engagement / bridal shots..

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 28 2013 9:06 PM

Gratz, Drew!

Let's get some more Catholic titles. Liturgical Press has so many good titles. Same with Ignatius. Need to get the New Jerome Biblical Commentary and Anchor Yale Biblical Commentary: Matthew.

Posts 1862
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:07 PM

George Somsel:
bomb shell

Will a grenade do?

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:13 PM

Robert M. Warren:

George Somsel:
bomb shell

Will a grenade do?

If it's big enough (100 megatons or so).

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:38 PM

Matthew Langlois:
New Jerome Biblical Commentary and Anchor Yale Biblical Commentary: Matthew.

I had not realized Matthew was missing.... I know when Accordance released the NT earlier this year it was complete with it. With a 1995 publication date it is most odd it wasn't with the initial release.

-Dan

PS: I too would love to see the NJBC, but it seems to be a book that has constantly remained out of reach :(

Posts 5317
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2013 12:48 PM

Dan Francis:
I had not realized Matthew was missing....

It is in MY Logos library  although I can;t locate it in the Logos websiite.....

________

Jesus here unequivocally equates his ministry with God’s visit to claim his own; Israel, God’s bride, has been badly served by some of her custodians. It is obvious that this parable serves equally well, (in view of the immediate context) no doubt intended by Jesus, as a warning and exhortation to the custodians of the new Messianic Community.

W. F. Albright and C. S. Mann, Matthew: Introduction, Translation, and Notes (vol. 26; Anchor Yale Bible; New Haven;  London: Yale University Press, 2008), 302.

________

-dan

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2013 1:09 PM

Drew Hannay:
I do look forward to getting back to work in January and continuing to develop new features and fixes!

Don't let you new bride know that you are so eager to be apart Big Smile

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2013 1:37 PM

Dan Francis:

Dan Francis:
I had not realized Matthew was missing....

It is in MY Logos library  although I can;t locate it in the Logos websiite.....

________

Jesus here unequivocally equates his ministry with God’s visit to claim his own; Israel, God’s bride, has been badly served by some of her custodians. It is obvious that this parable serves equally well, (in view of the immediate context) no doubt intended by Jesus, as a warning and exhortation to the custodians of the new Messianic Community.

W. F. Albright and C. S. Mann, Matthew: Introduction, Translation, and Notes (vol. 26; Anchor Yale Bible; New Haven;  London: Yale University Press, 2008), 302.

Yes, they lost the rights to it. But, a new Matthew for AYBC is in the works! By John P. Meier, famous author of A Marginal Jew: rethinking the Historical Jesus series for AYBC. When it is completed, let's get this new one. I still would like the old one back as well.

________

-dan

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 29 2013 1:38 PM

Yes, they lost the rights to it. But, a new Matthew for AYBC is in the works! By John P. Meier, famous author of A Marginal Jew: rethinking the Historical Jesus series for AYBC. When it is completed, let's get this new one. I still would like the old one back as well.

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS