Anyone seen these resources?

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 31 2013 8:49 AM

I received the email that Modern Philosophy Bundle and Ancient Philosophy Bundle were available for download and my credit card has been charged, but it's been 18 hours and still nothing - I have done all the standard things (restart, update resources, etc.). I also emailed Customer Service and have received no reply.

This will work in Logos/Verbum and not just Noet, correct?

They may be busy with orders of this, but I have to say I do not think it is correct to bill us for a resource(s) before it has been unlocked.

Posts 9488
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:03 AM

Don Awalt:

Yes, definitely.

Don Awalt:
They may be busy with orders of this, but I have to say I do not think it is correct to bill us for a resource(s) before it has been unlocked.

Well in fact they do charge us as part of the unlocking process (as I understand it). However a delay from email to download is not unusual. I didn't order these resources so can't tell you my experience with them.

With the holiday it may be difficult to get a direct answer from Logos today. I assume you have closed and reopened Logos at least once in hopes of triggering the download?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:11 AM

Don Awalt:
I have done all the standard things (restart, update resources, etc.).

This can be frustrating. One reason this can happen is that when Logos releases a resource, we connect to it through servers scattered across the country and across the world. Connecting to Logos means that we connect to the servers Logos is using that are closest or in some other way most available to us (given our service provider, and some other factors). It can take time for some servers to update to the newer resources.

One thing I've found is that the best way to force an update check is to type set update channel to Default in the Logos command box (even if that is already your update channel). I don't know why this is more effective than the recommended methods, but experience shows that it is for me. (Note: an article on update channels can be found in the wiki here.)

As to whether these will work with Logos, vs Noet, I couldn't be 100% sure, but I'm about 95% sure that they will. Logos has a commitment to it's different components being able to work together. I see no reason why this would not be the case with these resources.

EDIT: I forgot to add, that if you are on the Beta update channel, you can simply type in Beta, in place of Default and get the same result. In other words, you don't need to change the update channel to force this update check. Logos will check for program and resource updates just by typing in the command.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 138
Michael Grigoni | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:19 AM

Don Awalt:

Yes, in purchasing these resources, you've simply added them to your account. Whether you use Logos, Verbum or Noet, as long as you log in with the same user account to these applications, all of the resources you've purchased will be available for study within the application. In other words, if you use Noet rather than Verbum, for example, you're simply using a different software application to access the same library, or the same user account.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:38 AM

Thanks all for the responses. I'll be patient. Wink

Posts 299
Hapax Legomena | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 9:56 AM

I had a problem recently with L5/Verbum for Mac when new purchases and resource updates would simply not download.  After speaking with logos tech support, I was informed that a known problem with the indexer program caused the problem.  

Posts 1034
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:04 AM

I just brought the classical foundations bundle to see if there was anything to download as it was only $30 and I thought that this could just be the forthcoming presentation software, but it downloaded the Iliad in five languages and a beginners Greek grammar. 

Posts 138
Michael Grigoni | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 10:34 AM

Mike Pettit:

I just brought the classical foundations bundle to see if there was anything to download as it was only $30 and I thought that this could just be the forthcoming presentation software, but it downloaded the Iliad in five languages and a beginners Greek grammar. 

Yes, I should mention that now that the Noet bundles are off of pre-pub, dynamic pricing has been activated for them. Be sure to check them out to see what resources you might be able to add to your library without having to pay for resources you already own.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 11:04 AM

Don,

I'm not sure your core question was answered.  Just in case ...  I had already purchased the component parts of the Modern philosophy Bundle and the Ancient Philosophy Bundle when they were on pre-pub earlier.  The only piece I am missing from each of those is the Media Presentation.  So, in my case, dynamic pricing kicked in and showed me the price to add those Media Presentation resources.  I went ahead and purchased those resources even though they will not be ready until January sometime.  So ... I did not receive any downloads at this time, but I expect a download when the Media Presentation resources are available.

I'm not sure why Logos would not be downloading the other resources for you.  They have been available for some time.  Michael would have to answer that.

Posts 138
Michael Grigoni | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 11:29 AM

Steve:

I'm not sure why Logos would not be downloading the other resources for you.  They have been available for some time.  Michael would have to answer that.

Don, I would encourage you to contact customer service if you continue to experience difficulty with this issue. They can be reached at 1-800-875-6467.

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 11:33 AM

Oh brother - I figured out - I already HAD these as part of the Capstone+ upgrade. I thought they were new. Did I miss that note on the prepub?

Time to contact Customer service for a refund. Angry

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 12:25 PM

Don Awalt:

Did I miss that note on the prepub?

All of the components (PlatoAristotle, Empiricist, Rationalist, Kant) were available as individual sets last February and March. 

I do not believe these are part of the Capstone+ upgrade.  I could be wrong, I'm not seeing them listed here.

Note that there is a separate Works of Plato (24 vols.) - under development; and Select Works of Aristotle (40 vols) - on pre-pub.  These are part of the Loeb Classical Library offerings.

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 5:56 PM

Steve:
Note that there is a separate Works of Plato (24 vols.) - under development; and Select Works of Aristotle (40 vols) - on pre-pub.  These are part of the Loeb Classical Library offerings.

I've been all over the Loeb Classics. Homer's Illian and Odyssey downloaded today!

Posts 179
Matthew Langlois | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 5:57 PM

Iliad. :)

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2013 6:32 PM

Matthew Langlois:

Iliad. :)

No problem Matthew, we knew what you meant.  Also, to save a separate post, you can click the "More" drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner of your original post and select "Edit" to fix those pesky typo's - and simply repost the original.  Happens to me all the time.  (That "Edit" is usually available for a period of time after the original post.)

Smile

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS