Copying notes from resources and adding them to Bible verses--Help, please!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 314
Steven L. Spencer | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 25 2009 10:13 PM

In Logos 3 I could copy a text from a resource (such as a commentary) and paste it to a particular verse in the Bible. That copied-pasted note would show up in all my Bibles[{including the bibliographic information from the source from which the copied text came from].  I haven't been able to figure out how to do this in Logos 4. Could someone help me with this problem--or direct me to the posts (or videos) that deal with this issue. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Christmas blessings to all, Steve

Posts 33473
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 10:27 PM

In L4, a right click brings up the ability to add a note. Select "selection" (upper right) if you want the note to apply only to the open translation. Select "reference" if you want it to appear in all your Bibles.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 238
Bruce Junkermann | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 10:28 PM

I can help partly...if you add a note to the reference rather than a selection the note will stay with the verse even if you change versions as long as you have the visual filter turned on in the other versions.  However the bibliographic info does not copy from what I can see.

Posts 33473
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 10:31 PM

BruceJunkermann:
However the bibliographic info does not copy from what I can see.

You are correct. Clippings carry the bibliographic information over.  The other consideration is that notes are searched and appear under "My Content" in the Guides.  This means that if you make a note with the Biblical reference in it, it is easy to find even if not directed attached to the verse. The best workflow depends on what you are trying to achieve in Logos.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS