How to remove a version 3 from my laptop?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:01 PM

I got a new Laptop with better capability and loaded LOGOS 3 & 4 on it. How do I remove the LOGOS 3 from my old laptop?

Thanks,

Jim Carlile

Posts 35556
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:26 PM

What operating system. In XP, the control panel is where you find the remove program options

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2745
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:23 AM

James Carlile:

I got a new Laptop with better capability and loaded LOGOS 3 & 4 on it. How do I remove the LOGOS 3 from my old laptop?

Thanks,

Jim Carlile

You can go to the Control Panel and uninstall Libronix without hesitation that it would influence your Logos 4 installation. It is 2 completely separate installations.

Bohuslav

Posts 27853
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 3:33 AM

James Carlile:
How do I remove the LOGOS 3 from my old laptop?

After you remove it from Control Panel there are still a number of folders to be deleted:-

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 3:49 AM

James Carlile:
got a new Laptop with better capability and loaded LOGOS 3 & 4 on it. How do I remove the LOGOS 3 from my old laptop?

Unless you have a compelling reason to remove L3, you might want to hesitate. It seems that if you purchase any resources that come on a DVD, you need to first install in L3 and Synchronize License before L4 will download them. Of course, the alternative is to call Customer Service.

I would like to be wrong on this, but this is what I have seen in other threads.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:03 AM

JackCaviness:
I would like to be wrong on this, but this is what I have seen in other threads.

I think you are correct. L3 is the only way to activate an old style license without having to call CS.

Posts 57
Jim Carlile | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 11:03 PM

I guess I didn't explain myself very well. I have a desktop AND the new laptop computer. I need to remove the vers 3 from the old laptop since this would make 3 computers with LOGOS installed.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

Posts 35556
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 11:11 PM

The license is now by user. If you are the primary user of the old laptop, you don't need to remove Logos. If you are giving it to someone else, then you need to remove Logos.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS