Great that we have 256 note icons! Now let us make them useful

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 11 2014 4:51 PM

This is an example of a great idea that has been executed terribly wrong.

there are 256 variations of note icons and a user can actually set one as a default, but it becomes default for ALL notefiles! There is currently no way to set a default icon per notefile.

what users have to do now is to manually change each and every icon or use the same one for everything. This is not functional. I suspect there are enough serious Logos users who would welcome Logos5 "remembering" note icon style per notefile

Posts 5668
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 2:09 AM

Yes

toughski:

This is an example of a great idea that has been executed terribly wrong.

there are 256 variations of note icons and a user can actually set one as a default, but it becomes default for ALL notefiles! There is currently no way to set a default icon per notefile.

what users have to do now is to manually change each and every icon or use the same one for everything. This is not functional. I suspect there are enough serious Logos users who would welcome Logos5 "remembering" note icon style per notefile

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 5:07 AM

toughski:

I suspect there are enough serious Logos users who would welcome Logos5 "remembering" note icon style per notefile

This would be a very welcome improvement. I keep different types of note files (with different settings) for different purposes. It is a real pain having to change the settings every time I switch note files. This is particularly onerous when working from a mobile device.

YesYes

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 5:56 AM

Andy Evans:

toughski:

I suspect there are enough serious Logos users who would welcome Logos5 "remembering" note icon style per notefile

This would be a very welcome improvement. I keep different types of note files (with different settings) for different purposes. It is a real pain having to change the settings every time I switch note files. This is particularly onerous when working from a mobile device.

YesYes

Agree

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 6:44 AM

I'm perfectly happy using the same icon for every note file.  I don't see what difference it makes.  Now, if we could use numbers and increment by one each time, that would be something to consider.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1281
toughski | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 6:49 AM

George Somsel:
I don't see what difference it makes.

nuff said

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 7:56 AM

That's just typical, George.  Your scholarly background (known in Logosian circles as the 'antiInterlinear position') sees 'notes' are integral to the use of the text.  Not just a position holder to give the page more subtle and delightful colors.

Next thing, you'll want the 'option' to see your notes at the bottom of the page like in scholarly circles.  Probably in a separate font too.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1263
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:17 AM

This is an excellent idea, I've had the same thought. I have a standard note file, a devotional note file, and a reference link note file that I have to change from my default setting every time I go into one that isn't my standard. Hopefully this will be changed! The fact that we can make different note files seems to necessitate this feature being implemented. 

Posts 5668
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 2:39 PM

Denise:

That's just typical, George.  Your scholarly background (known in Logosian circles as the 'antiInterlinear position') sees 'notes' are integral to the use of the text.  Not just a position holder to give the page more subtle and delightful colors.

Next thing, you'll want the 'option' to see your notes at the bottom of the page like in scholarly circles.  Probably in a separate font too.

Denise everything is black and white to George so the use of color and shape to categorize notes for different topics / projects or emphasis is probably beyond comprehension for him

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 2:42 PM

George Somsel:

Now, if we could use numbers and increment by one each time, that would be something to consider.

I've set up a numbering palette which allows me to use numbers, but it would be really great if it could be made to auto-increment each additional note.  I find it helpful to aid retention when reading a book with "First, point a..... Second, point b..... " etc as a way of highlighting the structure of the chapter or article. But I do agree that auto-increment of numbering highlights would be a great feature. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 12 2014 6:18 PM

Denise:
Next thing, you'll want the 'option' to see your notes at the bottom of the page like in scholarly circles.

Wouldn't that get in the way of his interlinear? Hmm

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS