Better than expected

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2009 6:58 AM

I have to say that the A8 release is better than I expected.  It certainly has a ways to go, but so far I have had few problems.

One of the issues I just noticed is that when I hover over a verse in a book, the window pops up partially off the screen and I can't see it.  If the verse is located near the middle of the page it is fine, but if it's off to the right or bottom of the page I can't see the passage.

I just downloaded a new book to see how that process works and it was quick and easy.  I opened the book almost immediately after downloading and it is indexing right now.

Keep up the good work!

Roger

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 9:30 AM

Roger Feenstra:
One of the issues I just noticed is that when I hover over a verse in a book, the window pops up partially off the screen and I can't see it.  If the verse is located near the middle of the page it is fine, but if it's off to the right or bottom of the page I can't see the passage.

Roger, it is refreshing to hear some positive feedback!

The window popping off of the screen is a known problem. The best way to get around this for now is to size the window so that it does not fill up the whole screen, thereby allowing some margins for the popup windows.

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 10:32 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
The best way to get around this for now is to size the window so that it does not fill up the whole screen, thereby allowing some margins for the popup windows.

Excellent.  Thank you.  We should all stay positive--life is too short.

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 10:52 AM

Is it possible for you Mac Guys to post some screen short of A8? Just curious to see what the Mac version looks like ? Thanks

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 11:35 AM

Ted Hans:
Just curious to see what the Mac version looks like ?

Just picture a fairly blank screen with a few icons at the top, and that's about what it looks like.  Of course you can read a book and do some searches, but it's not much right now.  I think with the Alpha version, the idea is not to have a program that looks or works very well.  The whole idea is that it is being developed and that takes time.  Therefore, I don't think a screen shot would be a good idea.  It wouldn't compel anyone to buy it, that's for sure.  The advice Logos gives is to wait for the final version--unless you like to dink around with new stuff, like me.

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 12:35 PM

Roger Feenstra:

Just picture a fairly blank screen with a few icons at the top, and that's about what it looks like.  Of course you can read a book and do some searches, but it's not much right now.  I think with the Alpha version, the idea is not to have a program that looks or works very well.  The whole idea is that it is being developed and that takes time.  Therefore, I don't think a screen shot would be a good idea.  It wouldn't compel anyone to buy it, that's for sure.  The advice Logos gives is to wait for the final version--unless you like to dink around with new stuff, like me.

Thanks for the response.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 1:22 PM

Ted Hans:

Is it possible for you Mac Guys to post some screen short of A8? Just curious to see what the Mac version looks like ? Thanks

Ted

You know that we will have to kill you for this, don't you? Big Smile Seriously, when the interface for the Mac version is completed, it will look remarkably like the Windows version—with some "cool Mac only features". The words in quotes (or something very similar) come from Bob P.

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 2:27 PM

JackCaviness:
"cool Mac only features".

I'm betting free goatees, horned rim glasses and double-vanilla, caffeine free lattes for all... Cool

DP

<><

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 12:24 AM

Ted Hans:

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 6:37 AM

You can tell I'm a rookie.  I need to learn to open up more than one window at a time Surprise

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 6:43 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Ted Hans:

Donovan,

that looks really nice and clean but...why are the window open and close buttons on the wrong side? Angel

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:53 AM

Robert Pavich:
that looks really nice and clean but...why are the window open and close buttons on the wrong side? Angel

those aren't open and close buttons, they are traffic lights! Wink

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 9:53 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:

Ted Hans:

Thanks Donovan. It looks clean & slick.

Ted

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 10:09 AM

JackCaviness:
You know that we will have to kill you for this, don't you? Big Smile Seriously, when the interface for the Mac version is completed, it will look remarkably like the Windows version—with some "cool Mac only features". The words in quotes (or something very similar) come from Bob P.

Jack, i am looking for something that will persuade me to go Mac. I went to PC World here in London, when i saw the price tag for a Mac boy did i run out of the shop for my life!

I hear the Mac operating system is better than the other ....  Wink very tempting.

Ted

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 10:36 AM

Ted Hans:
I hear the Mac operating system is better than the other ....  Wink very tempting.

I used PCs for over a decade and switched to OSX in December. I have never regretted the decision, even if it cost me a bit more. Plus applications like iMovie, iPhoto, etc. are unequaled in my opinion.

Posts 2852
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 1:43 PM

Donovan R. Palmer:
I used PCs for over a decade and switched to OSX in December. I have never regretted the decision, even if it cost me a bit more. Plus applications like iMovie, iPhoto, etc. are unequaled in my opinion.

Donovan, it not been a full month yet of using the Mac and you are saying no regretsWink

I may just have to cross over to you Mac guys. Thanks.

Ted

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 4:56 PM

Hi Ted, The higher cost of a Mac is not really a direct comparison to the cost of a Windwos PC. I have found that for my use, the Mac comes already equipped with the software I need vs. the cheaper Windwos PC where I have to buy a half dozen programs or more (some low priced, some high) to accomplish the same tasks. So for me, the price of a Mac out of the box is not that much more than a Win PC which requires additional purchaes to acheive the same goals. If it works out, I hope to see you around the Mac forums more :-) Blessings brother

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 12:01 AM

Ted Hans:
Donovan, it not been a full month yet of using the Mac and you are saying no regretsWink

Good point! It's been about 12 months! Though I could have said the same thing last year as well! Wink

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS