Few questions on usage and features

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9
Chris callanan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jan 13 2014 9:01 PM

We are looking to move to Proclaim from MediaShout - but there are a few things we are really used to in MediaShout that I'm trying to minimize the frustration in switching - 

1 - It seems on any text slide, Bible or Song - I can't format part of the text different than others. For instance, I would like to highlight some of the text and make it a different color. I can't see how to do that. Is this possible?

2 - Saving Templates for various types of slides. Like Songs. When I bring in a new song - it seems to just use the last used template. But if I want multiple ones, I can't save different ones then apply it.

3 - Different options for Titles, References, Copyright, etc - the only option is the first slide - no option for last slide.

4 - place to store our CCLI license number. Looks like I have to add it for every song - is this true.

I think I'll probably have other questions - but wanted to ask these first :)

Thanks

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 1:52 AM

Hi Chris

Welcome to the rewarding and somewhat frustrating world of Proclaim. Wink

Proclaim was developed with a slightly different mindset to other presentation software. It suffers from a lot of strengths and a few weaknesses. Some of the weaknesses are being addressed by the developers and will eventually get ironed out. 

To answer your questions (as I understand the situation)

Chris callanan:
It seems on any text slide, Bible or Song - I can't format part of the text different than others.

That is correct - Proclaim designers went for readability over style. This limits highlighting for instructional purposes.

Chris callanan:
Saving Templates for various types of slides. Like Songs. When I bring in a new song - it seems to just use the last used template. But if I want multiple ones, I can't save different ones then apply it.

You only have to format each song once - when that is done the song remains available in that format for you to reuse. The 'Reuse' box in add item is very important in using Proclaim. The implementation of this feature is abysmal at present with scores of duplicate items showing up but I am sure that the developers will get it sorted out eventually.

Chris callanan:
3 - Different options for Titles, References, Copyright, etc - the only option is the first slide - no option for last slide.

Correct - though I don't recall anybody else asking for this feature before.

Chris callanan:
4 - place to store our CCLI license number. Looks like I have to add it for every song - is this true.

If you sign in to Song Select and tick this box the your licence number and the song number will automatically populate.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 370
Josh Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 14 2014 3:57 AM

Mike, on question #3 above, I believe you are mistaken.  If he is referring to where those items can be placed on the slide, those can be changed.  If you look at the picture above, right below what is circled, you see boxes that say "show title on title slide" and "show credits on first lyric slide."  If you check these boxes and then click on the blue lettering (see picture) there are options.  I personally have mine set to show title on first lyric slide and show credits on last lyric slide.  This makes it more like what we were used to in MediaShout. 

Posts 5868
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 15 2014 12:42 AM

Josh Edwards:
Mike, on question #3 above, I believe you are mistaken.

And Josh, your belief is vindicated. I am sure it wasn't like that a moment ago :-)

So another improvement passed my by - thanks for keeping me straight.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS