What is your annotation/highlighting strategy?

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 41
Chris Garrett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 29 2017 8:47 AM

bump for my files

Posts 1
john brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 30 2017 3:11 AM

that's very nice post.

Posts 245
BriM | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 12:53 PM

Everett Headley:
The version doesn't matter, all my notes on each verse show up

I've tried this and love it, and am planning to follow your lead in moving my notes into Logos. However, I'm finding that the notes also show up in commentaries (and presumably other books referencing the verses). I've only been doing this for a day or two, but already have a few dozen notes on verses in Isaiah 40-55. These are fine in the Bible, but the commentaries often refer to the whole range Isaiah 40-55 and I then get multiple yellow notes icons, one for each verse I put a note on. I can imagine that I'll have a whole screen full of note icons on that range before I finish this project. Did you find that issue, and any workaround?

Everett Headley:
What's better is with the hyperlinks and citations, I always know where what came from which is super cool.

I couldn't make the hyperlinks and citations work. How did you do that?

Posts 3256
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 4 2017 1:21 PM

BriM:
However, I'm finding that the notes also show up in commentaries (and presumably other books referencing the verses). I've only been doing this for a day or two, but already have a few dozen notes on verses in Isaiah 40-55. These are fine in the Bible, but the commentaries often refer to the whole range Isaiah 40-55 and I then get multiple yellow notes icons, one for each verse I put a note on. I can imagine that I'll have a whole screen full of note icons on that range before I finish this project. Did you find that issue, and any workaround?

If you attach a note to a selection (of text from a particular bible verse), the note/icon will only appear in that specific resource.

If you attach a note to a bible reference (i.e., the verse itself), the note/icon will also appear in other bible translations, as well as commentaries or other resources which reference that verse.

The wiki has more details about that.

You can also use the "Corresponding Notes and Highlights" visual filter checkbox to show or hide notes on a resource-specific basis (if you happened to want the notes/icons to show up in other bible translations, but not in particular commentaries).

Posts 4
Pat1001 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 9:15 AM

How do you do this, “Then I designed the Libronix relative to 256/color in the VirtualBox and traced that into Logos5 for import if I want.”?

Posts 4
Pat1001 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 21 2018 6:39 PM

How do you do this, “Then I designed the Libronix relative to 256/color in the VirtualBox and traced that into Logos5 for import if I want.”?

Posts 218
Joshua Tan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 22 2018 12:18 AM

James Taylor:

Joseph Turner:
"What do you mark?  Why?  and How?"

I've read through this thread -gleaning some tips here and there- and came up with this palette.

I am going to try using a new note for each resource, as many have recommended.  I'm liking putting labels in capsules for further annotation. 

Does anyone know how to make the label small? My bubble is too big, and it's quite hideous. Every time I click on "Capsule", all my formatting options are blanked out.

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 28 2018 6:42 PM

Joshua Tan:
Does anyone know how to make the label small? My bubble is too big, and it's quite hideous. Every time I click on "Capsule", all my formatting options are blanked out.

An alternate idea is creating a label using another tool: e.g. Word Art so an image can be used instead of Capsule.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS