Important Announcement for Windows XP, Vista, OS X 10.5, 10.6, 10.7 users

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2014 8:32 PM

That's a whole different ballgame. Windows 8 and 8.1 allow Office 2007. I have not attempted to install earlier versions, so I have no clue if that's compatible or not. Office Starter, however, has a totally different set of permissions. Since I do not use starter, I will assume that MS has chosen to disallow earlier versions. 

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2014 3:04 PM

Interesting...lots of buzz about what Logos won't support going forward...how about throwing us a bone about when you will move to Windows 8.1 WITH FULL TOUCH support and beyond please?

Posts 25
Colin Ware | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2014 9:04 PM

This appears to be ominous. If we upgrade to Logos 5 will that stop all the annoying requests to upgrade? I turned off email notification to stop the notifications although every so often I still get them. I don't know how even changed email address without success. I find the continuous notifications somewhat annoying.

I am reluctant to upgrade. I went from Libronix to L4 completely when my laptop died. It was the easiest way given I was able to download items onto a new machine and I had a PC that could handle it. I was still trying to master Libronix so I spent some money investing in Proctor training videos for L4 in addition to third party videos plus Wiki notes. I still have great difficulty with L4 even basic reading plans and searches and other research. It does not strike me as being intuitive. My frustration expands when I think of all the books & journals I have and cannot seem to use the software to advantage. I figure L5 will bring more exasperation in trying to master it. I don't wish to duplicate expenditure on training materials. 

On top of that I don't think my machine reaches the the minimum specs so until I have a PC hardware issue I will be sitting this out.

Posts 21915
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 1 2014 11:51 PM

Colin Ware:
I still have great difficulty with L4 even basic reading plans and searches and other research. It does not strike me as being intuitive.

If there are specific areas which we can help clarify please post a separate thread

Colin Ware:
I figure L5 will bring more exasperation in trying to master it.

L5 is effectively an upgrade to L4 with all of the basic mechanisms working in the same way so it isn't the same learning curve as when moving from Libronix to L4.

Colin Ware:
On top of that I don't think my machine reaches the the minimum specs so until I have a PC hardware issue I will be sitting this out.

Understood

Posts 13359
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 2:00 AM

Colin Ware:
I figure L5 will bring more exasperation in trying to master it.

As Graham says, we're happy to try and help with any specific questions with L4/L5. But it's worth pointing out that there was a very big difference between Libronix and L4 (the program was almost entirely rewritten). But there is very little difference between the way L4 and L5 works. If you know how to use L4, you know how to use L5.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 6:10 AM

Colin Ware:
I was still trying to master Libronix so I spent some money investing in Proctor training videos for L4 in addition to third party videos plus Wiki notes. I still have great difficulty with L4 even basic reading plans and searches and other research. It does not strike me as being intuitive.

Some of us use Skype, and I would be willing to do a audio conference in assitng you with the software, as several others. Post back here if interested. 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2014 6:50 AM

Lynden Williams:

Colin Ware:
I was still trying to master Libronix so I spent some money investing in Proctor training videos for L4 in addition to third party videos plus Wiki notes. I still have great difficulty with L4 even basic reading plans and searches and other research. It does not strike me as being intuitive.

Some of us use Skype, and I would be willing to do a audio conference in assitng you with the software, as several others. Post back here if interested. 

That's a good idea.  If you wish to send me an email (gfsomsel at yahoo dot com) we could exchange phone numbers so we could discuss any problems you have.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 70
Erik DiVietro | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 5 2014 12:52 PM

Thanks, Bradley.

It is about time. 

Posts 9
Alan Myatt | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 2:21 PM

Not sure I get this.  I subscribe to Office 365 and for $100 bucks a year I can install it on 5 computers.  This seems to me to be much more affordable than it used to be, and it works great.  Well, Skydrive is pretty much useless with the glitches it has, but everything else works fine.

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 18 2014 3:06 PM

Alan Myatt:
Not sure I get this.

When replying to someone, please quote them. You will find a "quote" button under their post when you are composing your reply. Bonus Tip: You can select a portion of their text to respond to individual parts. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 7 2014 11:22 PM

Bradley Grainger (Logos):
Logos 5.3 will require Windows 7 SP1 or OS X 10.8 or later.

After Apple's 2014 WorldWide Developer Conference, Logos 5.3 may require OS X 10.9 or later => Important announcement for OS X 10.8 users

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS