Page Formatting in Reading View

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 708
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:25 PM

I wish the Reading View could have an option that allowed you to format the pages of resource to look like the pages of the original print source.

I appreciate all of the power of hyperlinks and mouse overs for footnotes and references but would also like to see the footnotes formatted at the bottom of pages when I really need to read a lot of material.

I find that I am able to read PDFs of articles much faster than I am able to read Logos resources.

I would love to be able to have facing pages and even four up options like most PDF viewers allow.

It would also be nice to have thumbnails of pages as a navigation option.

I think it helps me to see where I am in relation to the resource as a whole.

Posts 420
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:40 PM

I like the idea of a reading view that looks like the pages of the print book.  Yes

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Trekstor Primebook/Celeron/4GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Posts 708
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:49 PM

Upon further reflection . . .

Reproducing the layout of the original is not as important to me as just the option to have static, discrete pages with full footnotes displayed beneath the copy.

I'd like to be able to flip through whole pages. I think it affects my reading speed as well as my retention.

Posts 420
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 2:36 AM

Agreed.

Posts 25
Wonderer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 12:55 PM

Agreed... I am preparing to purchase a Tablet PC (Asus T91MT) just for the purpose of reading through whole books (including textbooks with required reading of specific pages), instead of mainly researching books.  A formatted "page" layout as common for pdf's would be a huge help for establishing consistency in daily reading (15 pages/day for example).

If an "add-on" doing this were to be placed on pre-pub, I would definitely purchase it!

Posts 420
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 2:54 PM

I also think good-sized margins make reading easier on the eye, and that having the text broken up into "pages" (whether or not the same as appear in the actual book) does help with visual processing.  Don't we often remember something by visualizing where it is on the page?

Posts 8644
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 3:13 AM

Russ Quinn:
I wish the Reading View could have an option that allowed you to format the pages of resource to look like the pages of the original print source.
I can't find the post at the moment but I do recall Bob Pritchett commenting that enhancements akin to this suggestion are slated for the future.

Personally I think this will have to wait until the missing features are restored.  But then again I don't set the schedule for the programmers.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS