I own a PC but want to buy an iMac. Can I transfer over L4?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:04 PM

I currently own a PC and wish to buy an Apple iMac in the near future. I recently upgraded to Logos Silver 4 plus I have bought several resources like WBC, MacArthur's LifeWorks, etc.

Will I be able to transfer ALL these resources over to my new iMac? I do not wish to have to re-buy my resources or software, I don't have the money for that.

If yes, then how would I go about doing so? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm not talking about running Parallels or Fusion either, I would like to convert to Logos for Mac 4.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:24 PM

Your purchase includes a windows and a mac license, so yes, you can switch without having to re-purchase anything.  HOWEVER the mac engine is at Alpha stage.  This means it does not have all of its features and is bug/crash prone.  See the "New to Logos 4 Mac START HERE" post at the top of the forum for more info.  Also check out the wiki page at http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_4_Mac.  The Dev Team has made a lot of progress on L4 Mac, and it is very cool that the users are getting input towards how the final product will look.

Blessings, (Enjoy the iMac!)

Michael Kares

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:26 PM

O BTW: there are no extra steps to switch other than downloading the Mac engine, entering your logos.com user i.d. and letting the program get to work downloading and indexing your resources.

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:31 PM

Joshua Garcia:

I currently own a PC and wish to buy an Apple iMac in the near future. I recently upgraded to Logos Silver 4 plus I have bought several resources like WBC, MacArthur's LifeWorks, etc.

Will I be able to transfer ALL these resources over to my new iMac? I do not wish to have to re-buy my resources or software, I don't have the money for that.

If yes, then how would I go about doing so? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I'm not talking about running Parallels or Fusion either, I would like to convert to Logos for Mac 4.

Joshua

The same license applies to both the Mac and the Windows versions, so the answer to your first question is "Yes". However, you second question requires a little more explanation. L4 Mac is still in Alpha. That means it is not yet suitable for serious use. It is ready for testing. See the links in my signature. See the threads pinned to the top of this forum. The Mac version has exactly the same base code as the Windows version, but the interface must be added before you can use all those features. The Mac Development Team has made fabulous progress in the last 7 weeks, and the Alpha phase is now at A-8. But much remains to be done. We would be pleased to have you join the testing team. You could still use the Windows version temporarily on your present Windows machine, or you could use Fusion or Parallels.

If you have any more question, just ask.

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 7:32 PM

One other thought. You can download and use Mac version 1.2.2 free of charge.

Posts 1523
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:22 PM

This is fantastic news. I had read some information on the Logos site and had thought this was the case.

I just want to double check on this one point however. So...Logos knows what resources I already own and those resources will be downloaded without me having to dig out the original discs? (This includes resources like WBC, right?) The program will just automatically link to their servers and DL and install everything? That is very cool.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 26 2009 9:42 PM

That's correct, friend

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 12:16 AM

Joshua Garcia:

Joshua, I am a recent convert to the Mac platform and let me tell you that it has been so good, I have never regretted the decision. The only real remaining issue for me is to see a full fledged Logos for Mac programme released.  We're on our way though and I look forward to the Alpha version being finished.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS