Can´t install Logos 5: pos. reason is Windows 7 is in Spanish--has Usuarios folder not Users

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Kevin D. Kenney | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 29 2014 12:54 AM

5417.Logos Log Files.zipMorning!

Since my Windows 7 is in Spanish and the Users folder is also in Spanish (says "Usuarios"), I imagine that is the reason that Logos 5 will not install.  It gets to the point of installing and stops.

Thanks for checking into this.

Kevin

Posts 34435
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 1:19 AM

Welcome to the forums.

What are the symptoms of it's failure? Since there are many Spanish users I would first suspect either you're putting it in an account without appropriate privileges or a failure if the loading of the prerequisites,

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27467
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 4:11 AM

Kevin D. Kenney:
Since my Windows 7 is in Spanish and the Users folder is also in Spanish (says "Usuarios"),

There should be some log files in \Documents\Logos Log Files (or in the user's AppData\Local\temp folder) which you could upload using the paperclip icon.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3
Kevin D. Kenney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 5:19 AM

6811.Logos Log Files.zipSorry, I must not have inserted the file...I thought I had.  I have added it.

Posts 27467
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 12:37 PM

Kevin D. Kenney:
Since my Windows 7 is in Spanish and the Users folder is also in Spanish (says "Usuarios"), I imagine that is the reason that Logos 5 will not install.  It gets to the point of installing and stops.

The message returned (translated from Spanish) is "C:\Users\Kevin\AppData\Local\Logos4\System\Logos.DeviceServices.Client.dll -> System error 0. Verify that you have access to that directory."

Does the Logos4 folder exist in that path (note that 'Users' and 'Usuarios' may be one and the same location because of symbolic links; and Logos 4 was previously installed)? You could attempt to fix folder ownership or simply run Setup via "Run as administrator" on the right-click menu. If neither work then contact Logos Tech Support.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 3
Kevin D. Kenney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 29 2014 3:49 PM

Thanks for the help!  Fixing the folder ownership did the trick.

Truly appreciate the help.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS