modifying map in Logos4

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 27 2009 8:29 AM

Does anyone know how to remove (or modify the selection of) site names in the expndable map which is included in Logos? This map is a great feature, but there are times when I would like to discuss site locations or terrain in a public presentation. In these instances, the place names provide unnecessary interference.

Posts 1956
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2009 9:09 AM

Tim Deahl:
Does anyone know how to remove (or modify the selection of) site names in the expndable map which is included in Logos? This map is a great feature, but there are times when I would like to discuss site locations or terrain in a public presentation. In these instances, the place names provide unnecessary interference.

As far as I can tell, the map feature is pretty static. (i.e. you can't add labels, overlays, etc.)  In the suggestions forum I recently posted a message requesting that further functionality and enhancements be given to the mapping feature.

Posts 134
Esther Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 6:02 AM

I haven't tried, but can drawing be used with the maps?

Esther

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 6:13 AM

Yes.

Posts 60
Tim Deahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 6:14 AM

Yes...omitted how. Use F8 to activate drawing mode.

Posts 139
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 3:02 PM

Tim Deahl:

There's no way at present to modify the maps. Our early designs included some controls for turning geographic layers and city labels on and off, but the interface and programming details got too complex, so it didn't make the cut for 4.0.

For the one dynamic map (the Biblical World), you have a little control over what places are shown by the zoom level: certain (smaller) cities are only shown when you're zoomed in. But that's probably not the kind of control you're looking for.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS