More downloading and indexing issues

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 6 2014 9:05 AM

1) Before going to bed yesterday, I downloaded and started indexing. Today I discovered that what had downloaded and indexed was only a couple of patches, not Berit Olam, although the e-mail arrived 3.5 hours before I did the download. So Berit Olam was still waiting for me, and I now have to do it all over again, while using the computer, and with little available RAM.Crying If I download well after getting the e-mail, I should be able to trust that the e-mail resources are included in the download!

2) I had the new download done when I tried to recreate bug, and expected the indexing to start when Logos closed. Instead I found that:

• Crashing doesn't start indexing.
  • Reopening by clicking in the crash message doesn't start indexing either.
  • To start it I had to go to the menu bar icon and order it to close and reopen a second time.
  • After which I then had to close it a third time, in order to get at least some RAM for the indexer to work with.
  • And now I'm sitting here waiting to be able to open it yet again.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 25584
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 6 2014 2:43 PM

fgh:
2) I had the new download done when I tried to recreate bug, and expected the indexing to start when Logos closed.

I don't think you would like the Indexer to start when there is a possible corrupt database and/or databases are not closed properly as the Indexer could crash. So it waits until it has received a message/flag that Logos has closed normally.

fgh:
If I download well after getting the e-mail, I should be able to trust that the e-mail resources are included in the download!

I sympathize - Logos scheduling often means that separate downloads are not combined.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS