How would I do a reference search among the ECF's only?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Jonathan Weingarten | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 10 2014 7:46 AM

Greetings in Christ,

I'm wondering how I could perform a query amongst my commentaries but ONLY in the Early Church Fathers.   Ie. Say I want to see and reference to say ... Matt 24.30 (or any verse for that matter) among all the Ante Nicene Fathers and/or Nicene/Post Nicene Fathers.  Is there a way I can do this and limit that query?

If someone can give me a lil step by step it would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

Posts 244
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 8:27 AM

Hi Jonathan, I think that a basic search for <Mt 24.30> would work.  The angle braces search for citations of a certain reference.  Instead of searching in "Entire Library", you click the drop down arrow and select the series you're interested in, Ante Nicene Fathers.  This technique will also work with collections, if you've created any.

Posts 808
Kevin Maples | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 8:38 AM

You may find the wiki article helpful. It has pictures illustrating what Brian said. 

http://wiki.logos.com/Basic_Search#How_do_I_limit_my_search_to_a_particular_book_or_collection.3f 

Posts 3
Jonathan Weingarten | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 10:11 AM

Thanks a ton for the quick responses my brothers.  I'll try these and report back.

Posts 3
Jonathan Weingarten | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 10:33 AM

Piece of cake.  Did the search, typed in my reference and simply searched in "Early Church Father's" and bammo.  :)  Thanks a ton!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 11:09 AM

Jonathan Weingarten:

Piece of cake.  Did the search, typed in my reference and simply searched in "Early Church Father's" and bammo.  :)  Thanks a ton!

That's heavy !  Wink

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 244
Brian Losabia | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2014 12:01 PM

For me, these sorts of citation searches are one of the real game changing (life changing?!) aspects of having books in Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS