On Sale: Augustine as Mentor

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 16 2014 7:34 AM

One of the best books I read in seminary, Augustine as Mentor, is ON SALE in Vyrso currently ($2.99). The book's primary emphasis is looking at Augustine as "pastor" and "mentor." It is worth taking a look at, especially at this price.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 8:37 AM

Thanks for the heads-up!  Looks good. Yes

Posts 8948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 11:01 AM

I appreciate the recommendation. It says a lot when you say it was one of the best books you read in seminary.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5025
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 1:56 PM

Yes Thanks Alabama

I saw that title and picked it up, the recommendation confirms my choice

Bruce Dunning:

I appreciate the recommendation. It says a lot when you say it was one of the best books you read in seminary.

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 8:03 PM

alabama24:

One of the best books I read in seminary, Augustine as Mentor, is ON SALE in Vyrso currently ($2.99). The book's primary emphasis is looking at Augustine as "pastor" and "mentor." It is worth taking a look at, especially at this price.

Thanks so much, my friend.  I value your opinions and will buy it.

Hope things are well with you.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 8:14 PM

Michael Childs:

Thanks for asking. Quick update: New job last month (learning SQL); New dog yesterday; small surgery on Wednesday; new baby in August. And the Seahawks won the "big game." Of course, I would trade that win for BAMA beating AU, but you take what you can get. The dog came as a gift from an AU friend, so, you know... We've named her "Allie" (as in "BAMA") . Stick out tongue

Posts 513
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 8:21 PM

alabama24:
Of course, I would trade that win for BAMA beating AU

We'll get 'em next time! RTR!

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 8:25 PM

alabama24:

Michael Childs:

Thanks for asking. Quick update: New job last month (learning SQL); New dog yesterday; small surgery on Wednesday; new baby in August. And the Seahawks won the "big game." Of course, I would trade that win for BAMA beating AU, but you take what you can get. The dog came as a gift from an AU friend, so, you know... We've named her "Allie" (as in "BAMA") . Stick out tongue

Yes  Congratulations!  What is the baby's name?  You guys will get Auburn this year.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 9:21 PM

Michael Childs:

Yes  Congratulations!  What is the baby's name? 

Thanks. Smile

As for the name... We don't know. The baby is due this August (rather than last). 

Posts 27683
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 16 2014 9:23 PM

David P. Moore:

alabama24:
Of course, I would trade that win for BAMA beating AU

We'll get 'em next time! RTR!

I hope so. Smile

I was pulling for AU in January, but even in defeat they let me down. Wink

Posts 8948
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 3:57 AM

alabama24:
New job last month (learning SQL); New dog yesterday; small surgery on Wednesday; new baby in August.

Congratulations indeed. Exciting times!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS