How can I search for every occurrence of a word or phrase in Bible in Logos 5?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Dennis Finnan | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 17 2014 4:52 AM

How can I search for every occurrence of a word or phrase in the Bible in Logos 5? I've used an old QuickVerse 4.0 which did this flawlessly, but no longer can be used in Windows 8 software. I can't seem to find the ability to do teh same in Logos 5 say in the NIV version or any version of the Bible..

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 17 2014 5:21 AM

Dennis Finnan:

How can I search for every occurrence of a word or phrase in the Bible in Logos 5? I've used an old QuickVerse 4.0 which did this flawlessly, but no longer can be used in Windows 8 software. I can't seem to find the ability to do teh same in Logos 5 say in the NIV version or any version of the Bible..

It's simple.  Use the bible search and select the version you wish to search (or search all bibles).  Enter the word you are seeking or the phrase—the phrase must be enclosed by quotes.  Remember, computers are dumb machines which will only find PRECISELY what you specify.  It will not find what you INTENDED.  If you are searching in original languages, I would suggest using the morphological search for the lemma.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS