Oxford Latin Dictionary

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 4
Georg S. Adamsen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 28 2009 5:05 AM

It is now more than four years since I ordered the pre-pub OLD. I don't remember when there was enough orders, but it is a long time ago. OLD is a huge project, but nevertheless ....

The status still says "Under Development". Any news as to how long it will be under development?

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 5:43 AM

Georg S. Adamsen:

It is now more than four years since I ordered the pre-pub OLD. I don't remember when there was enough orders, but it is a long time ago. OLD is a huge project, but nevertheless ....

The status still says "Under Development". Any news as to how long it will be under development?

Greetings, Georg.  I wasn't aware that you were a Logos user.  I too have been awaiting the publication of this resource.  Things such as the OLD seem to take forever while Mary had a little lamb will be published in a heartbeat.  It's all a matter of getting enough orders to make it viable in the first place then there is the matter of any delays occasioned by developmental difficulties.  I'm not certain what difficulties would be encountered in the publication of a Latin dictionary, but one doesn't know if he isn't doing the work himself.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4
Georg S. Adamsen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2009 6:37 AM

I have been a Logos user for at least nine years. I own the Original Language Library and SESB as well as a lot of other resources, especially Lutheran resources. I like Logos, but I still use BW8 for most of my exegetical work. Especially the syntactical resources of Logos, however, are unrivalled.

Posts 1
Michael Ritter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 12 2010 10:06 AM

I too, have been chomping at the bit for the last two years on the OLD.  I just wish there was some notion of what's going on besides "under development."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS