How do I remove a song from a Service with Deleting it from My Songs

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 22 2014 5:08 PM

Last Sunday, our song leader forgot his music to a song.  I removed the song from the service by right clicking and selecting Delete.  I went back this week to find that song and it was gone from My Songs.  How do I remove a song from a service with deleting it from My Songs?  This is going to happen again.

Posts 3502
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 23 2014 9:57 AM

Deleting the service item should have no impact on the My Songs data. If you can give us some more details (presentation name, song name, service item name, approximate time of deletion) we can look into it further.

Posts 9
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 23 2014 8:52 PM

I deleted a song from my February 23, 2014 service called "This is Amazing Grace".  I did this on 2/22 around 21:00 EST.  On 2/16 around 9:00 EST I deleted "My God" from the February 16, 2014 service and it is no longer in "My song" list.  I recreated this one for today so you will see it there.

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2014 4:40 PM

Hello Mike,

So I followed steps you outlined in this post and those particular songs still showed up in 'My Songs'. To be very clear, I did the following:

1. Created a new song item
  2. Chose the song 'This is Amazing Grace' from the SongSelect search results
  3. Deleted the song item by right-clicking the item in the 'Order of Service' menu and clicking 'Delete'
  4. Created a new song and searched for 'This is Amazing Grace'

After doing this, the song showed up in 'My songs' as it should have. I did this same thing with the song 'My God' and it worked. Am I missing any steps or is this what you have done yourself?

Posts 9
Mike Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2014 5:24 AM

yes, that is what i did.  Can you see my version of This is Amazing Grace where it was deleted?

Posts 1232
Spencer McKimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2014 1:02 PM

Okay what I am going to do now is look at your presentation revisions and see if I can figure out what is going on. I will follow up with you offline as soon as I have more information.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS