Scripture Context

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Michael Crosswhite | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 25 2014 7:49 AM

I confess, I'm new to Logos for Mac (coming over from Accordance), but I'm beating my head against a rock trying to figure this out. When I type in a passage that I'm studying, say Eph. 2:1-10. Is there a way I can JUST see those verses? In Accordance it was called "Context," and you could just take the context from "All" to "1 Verse," "No verses," etc... Is there something like this in Logos 5?

Posts 27686
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2014 7:55 AM

Sounds like an ironic name... Context... Hmm. (Sorry Stick out tongue)

My first thought is to use the text comparison tool. You cant do this in the normal resource window. 

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 21939
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2014 7:58 AM

Hi Michael - and welcome to the forums.

If I understand you correctly the nearest I think you can get is using a Passage List 

as you can see this constrains what you see to the requested verses but you can't do a great deal with it.

Other than that, Logos is setup to read resources continually and there is no way (that I am aware of) of introducing cutoff points.

Edit: Or you could use Text Comparison as Alabama suggested while I was typing my replyEmbarrassed

However, there are a number of people on these forums who use both Accordance and Logos and may be able to provide some more context.

Graham 

Posts 3
Michael Crosswhite | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2014 9:00 AM

Thanks Graham and Alabama24 for the help! I don't expect Logos to be exactly like Accordance or anything, it just takes a while to get used to the approach of a new program.

Posts 171
Adam Rao | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 25 2014 9:32 AM

This is one of the things that was most confusing to me when I switched from Accordance to Logos!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS