Links no longer work in blogs under iOS

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 26 2014 7:56 AM

I have noticed for maybe a couple weeks now, if I click on links contained within blogs from my iPad, they do not work!

Take this post today:

http://blog.logos.com/2014/02/the-pastorum-series-bigger-collection-bigger-savings/ 

I try to click on the link "twelve-volume Pastorum Series Collection", second paragraph, and I get nothing. I copy the page link, and I try it in:

Chrome

Safari

Newsify

feedly

with no luck. Other links work outside the blog, like the "Training" link at the top.

Do others see this problem? I don't see it in any other company's posts, and I read a lot of blog posts a day!

Posts 24631
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2014 9:21 AM

Hi Don

I can confirm this problem on iOS

I seem to remember seeing a post about this a week ago as well

Graham

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 12 2014 7:23 AM

Is there any comment on this from Logos? Isn't it somewhat ridiculous that blog pages with numerous links on them, can't be accessed from iOS devices for this long? Hello? Bueller? Bueller?

Posts 2830
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 7:34 AM

Never mind - I am unsubscribing from all blogs from Logos. Why continue to waste my time.

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:29 AM

Don Awalt:

Never mind - I am unsubscribing from all blogs from Logos. Why continue to waste my time.

Good for you I guess...

Same problem on Android by the way. 

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:51 AM

Sakarias Ingolfsson:

Don Awalt:

Good for you I guess...

Same problem on Android by the way. 

What Android device are you using? The links work on Android for me.

I'm sorry no one has gotten back to you guys on this yet...it's a bit out of my jurisdiction, but I'll work on bringing it to someone's attention today.

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:01 AM

Graham Criddle:
I can confirm this problem on iOS

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay—not sure how I missed this thread. 

I tested this on my ipad in chrome, safari, and feedly and wasn't able to reproduce the problem. I'll get some smarter people involved, and see what we can find out. In the meantime, can you confirm that it's still broken?

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 24631
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:25 AM

Hi Ray

RayDeck3:
can you confirm that it's still broken?

I've just tried the blog post Don referenced in the original post and tried tapping the link to the Pastorum collection he referenced.

It doesn't work using Safari or Chrome on my iPad

It did work correctly on my Android phone unlike for Sakarias above.

Graham

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:27 PM

Drew Hannay:

What Android device are you using? The links work on Android for me.

I'm sorry no one has gotten back to you guys on this yet...it's a bit out of my jurisdiction, but I'll work on bringing it to someone's attention today.

I have two samsung devices, a S3 and a Note 8. The former is running Android 4.3, and the latter 4.2. I use Google Chome as browser - same thing on both devices. Funny thing is, this only applies to the article itself. Banners as well as navigation links work fine.

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:31 PM

Is it possible that this problem is WebKit related? Someone of those who use the iPhone should be able to confirm, if they do a test while using FireFox as browser

Posts 593
Drew Hannay | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:42 PM

Sakarias Ingolfsson:

I have two samsung devices, a S3 and a Note 8. The former is running Android 4.3, and the latter 4.2. I use Google Chome as browser - same thing on both devices. Funny thing is, this only applies to the article itself. Banners as well as navigation links work fine.

Maybe I'm missing something...I'm loading this page: http://blog.logos.com/2014/02/the-pastorum-series-bigger-collection-bigger-savings/  on my Nexus 4 in the Google Chrome browser and all the links seem to work fine. Can you give me a specific example of a link that doesn't work for you?

Posts 407
Ray from Faithlife | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:42 PM

A couple guys on our Marketing Technology team identified a bug in how our blogs render on devices one generation old wherein the facebook like button actually occupied the entire screen. Though it's transparent, and the post is still readable, it removes all ability to click within the post. We're not sure how it happened, whether it was something we changed or related to Facebook's recent update, but regardless a fix is now in the works. Sorry for the inconvenience.

RD3

Logos Marketing | ray.deck@logos.com

Posts 163
Sakarias Ingolfsson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 2:31 PM

well, on my device the problem is still there. Anyone else?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS