Page 2 of 7 (125 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 124 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 5:03 AM

Ryan,

I've got the no books problem like everyone else along with the warnings about being unable to download resources (the warnings only happened late last night before the library became empty).  However, when I was initially getting into the error state, all of my books that had successfully downloaded had three to four plane icons stacked on them.  Could you update the tutorial to explain what that means?

Linden

Posts 6
Jared Friesen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 7:43 AM

If one would like to purchase the iPod Touch and use Logos on it, but mainly access resources/books off-line, what would the minimum recommended hard-drive space be (e.g., 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB)?

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 9:11 AM

I believe that the issues everyone experienced overnight have been resolved.

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 9:52 AM

Ryan Burns:
issues everyone experienced overnight have been resolved

Ryan, I still cannot download the NASB.  The select is still grayed out.  On the other hand, everything else is working fine, and more than justified my purchase of the iPod Touch, it works wonderfully.

Thanks,

DP

<><

Posts 2
Wayne Schaefer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:41 AM

But what does 'offline' mean in this case? It appears that I still access it through the Logos app, which means I am online, right? Why not an offline Logos app? Maybe I just don't get it.

Wayne Schaefer

Posts 2834
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:47 AM

WayneSchaefer:
But what does 'offline' mean in this case? It appears that I still access it through the Logos app, which means I am online, right? Why not an offline Logos app? Maybe I just don't get it.

The iphone app seems to access books in two ways. The default way is to go online and download or cache a little of the book for your to read. Now, as a result of this update, there is also a way to tell the app to download the book by using the method stated above. Once said book is marked in the library with an airplain it is available even if your iphone is in airplane mode or if your ipod touch does not have wireless access.

I think the reason for this is that the library available is massive. If you have a large collection as some do, you may have 3,000 books available. I personally don't want a number of the books on  my iphone. I just want some bible translations and commentaries and other references and the two or three books I am reading to be available all the time.

Posts 6
Jared Friesen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:50 AM

To me, "offline" in this context means that I can access the entire resource/book on the iPod Touch (after having downloaded it from the Internet or uploaded it from my computer) without being connected to the Internet via WiFi or any other means.

Posts 3
Jon Glass | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:20 AM

Here's a weird-enough one. I can't get any modules to be downloadable. I've gone through a dozen at least--all the ones mentioned here. :-(

Could it be that I'm in Poland? Could it be my jailbroken phone? (I got gyped on a purchase--said it was a factory unlock, but it was sim-locked... In the end, rather than fight over it, I just jail-broke it to use it on my network)

-Jon

Posts 2534
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 29 2009 11:30 AM

First let me say that online this is an incredible app. It is great to be able to read resources offline, and like Kevin, I do not think I would want to have my entire library offline. However, I would like to be able to search, use the Passage Guide etc to go from Bible text to these other tools for the resources that I do have offline. Otherwise it is just a reader when offline. Better, but not yet the best.

Thanks for all the work and developments. This is such a cool app.

Posts 76
Philip Gurgel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 12:44 AM

My experience so far has been somewhat patchy.  Some sources have downloaded well (Lenski books, Concordia Trig English, ESV), others have lead to the program crashing (BHS, TDNT, BDB Enhanced). 

Also, none of the Spanish Bibles currently are working for download (where is the Reina Valera?  I'm pretty sure that is no longer under copyright.)

I'm thankful for the offline access of what I have been able to download, hopefully the bugs get ironed out so that all of the books may be downloaded smoothly.

Once that is the case, and the NIV (and NVI) is added to the Ipod capabilities.  I will be heading straight to Itunes to give it my 5 star rating.

Posts 1
Philip Buettel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:20 PM

Haven't been able to download any books for offline viewing on my 3Gs. Have tried over wifi, 3G, and EDGE. It's really starting to bum me out. All I get is a greyed-out button regardless of what book I want. If I could just get ESV and a couple of the commentaries . . . but, Alas! 

Hope a solution comes soon. Thanks for the app, though. It's got a lot of potential.

Posts 11
Lynn Hinman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:29 AM
Ryan, The tutorial is great; with it, I was able to download several books to my ipod. Unforterately, several of the books downloaded the wrong title. How do I delete them from ipod? Thanks for the assistance.
Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 6:37 AM

Lynn,

Just click on the blue arrow again and slide the "download book" button to "off". It will remove itself shortly.

Posts 3
Peter Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:38 AM

I'm having the same problem but am using a brand new iPod Touch...any help would be appreciated...

Jon Glass:

Here's a weird-enough one. I can't get any modules to be downloadable. I've gone through a dozen at least--all the ones mentioned here. :-(

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:45 AM

I presume you've both updated to the latest version in the App Store?

Posts 3
Peter Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:52 AM

Mark Barnes:

I presume you've both updated to the latest version in the App Store?

Yep, have even uninstalled and reinstalled on the iPod touch using iTunes...still the buttons are all greyed out, they're there but there's not functionality...

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:54 AM

Clutching at straws a little now. Got enough storage space?

Posts 3
Peter Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:05 AM

Mark Barnes:

Clutching at straws a little now. Got enough storage space?

plenty...

Posts 3
Jon Glass | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:06 AM

Can't speak for the others, but I have between 8 and 9 gig available, and when I started this experiment, I had almost 14 gig. So I doubt it's a space issue. I wonder, though if it's a 3GS? Anybody with a 3GS who has this working?

-Jon

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2009 8:15 AM

Jon Glass:
Anybody with a 3GS who has this working?

That would be me. Works fine on my 3GS, and has since it was first released. I just downloaded another book this morning.

Page 2 of 7 (125 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS