Page 4 of 7 (125 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 124 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 11
Lynn Hinman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:32 PM
As suggested in previous sections, I cleared all of my downloaded books and then did another download. I am using an Ipod Touch, 32Gb, with the latest update. I turned off my wifi and went to my library and all of the books I downloaded were there. I was probably confused in the reading tab, it showed some of the books that I previously opened; my fault for thinking they were part of the downloaded books.

I did have to open the books from my library to get them to show up in the reading section.

One problem is in the Revised Standard Version Bible - the quick scroll bar does not work 100%. You can scroll up to Ester 10 and that is where is stops jumping to the correct section. You can use the scroll bar to go further but it will show Ester 10. Using the verse button works fine; entering the verse into the search box does not work. For example: you can use the vese button and select PS, select chapter 23, verse 6 and it will go there. If you touch the screen to bring up the seach section, it shows Ester 10. I can scroll to Ps 25. If you enter Psalm 25 in the search box, you get an error loading book. You get the same error for all entries.

I tried this with other books and got the same results. I turned the wifi on and retried it and the entry function now works. So the verse search by entering the specific verse into the search function only works when the wifi is on?

Posts 11
Lynn Hinman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 1:50 PM
Steve Brannon:

OK, perhaps I'm naive, but I though "offline reading" meant that I could read the book without a wireless connection.  Today I discovered that this assumption was wrong.

I was out visiting and had some downtime.  I pulled out my iPod Touch (32GB, latest OpSys) and started reading MacArthur's "Ashamed of the Gospel", which I had previously set to read offline, and I see the little airplane icon on top of the cover art in my Library.  I had no connection, and yet ever page I turned was met with an error message "Error loading book  Logos could not load the specified book".

Steve, I had the same problem until I downloaded each book and then opened them while I had my wifi connection. Once I turned off my wife connection and checked, all of my books worked fine. I don't know if this will help but give it a try. I do have the latestes update - 1.2.1

Lynn

Posts 80
Steve Brannon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 5:40 PM

I downloaded version 1.2.1 this afternoon, and all appears to be working at this time.

I don't know how Logos announces new versions or the enhancements, but somehow I keep missing them ;-)

Thanks for everyone's help.

Steve

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 7:13 PM

Steve, Logos does not announce it... Logos builds the app, then submits it to Apple for approval, and apple posts it... but you can set your phone to look for updates to the apps or you can manually search things... this particular app was submitted to apple on Monday about 10pm Logos time... it became available about that same time four days later.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:13 PM

Lynn Hinman:
Once I turned off my wife connection

Is that like the mute button on my TV?

Posts 5
Paul Henry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 8:30 PM

Ryan,

Every time I try to set any book to be available off line nothing happens and the app crashes.  Anyone else having this issue?

Paul Henry

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:07 PM

Paul, which version of the app are you running?

Posts 5
Paul Henry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 2 2010 9:13 PM

Hello Kelly,

I'm running the latest, 1.2.1.  Seems every time I try to set any book to read off line, after about 30 seconds the APP shuts down without downloading anything.  It will reboot without any apparent other problems.  Strange.

Paul

Posts 11
Lynn Hinman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 5:00 AM
Dan,

I believe the mute analogy is a good description; it just stops the information from being updated. Until I did that, I was getting access to my entire library which confused me.

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 5:33 AM
Sorry about that Paul, go ahead and sync your phone, that will send the data to Logos.  They are aware of your issue since you have posted it here.  I am certain that one of them will say something here shortly.
Posts 993
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:33 AM

Lynn Hinman:
So the verse search by entering the specific verse into the search function only works when the wifi is on?

Navigation by typing a Bible reference is not supported offline at this time.

Posts 993
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:34 AM

Paul Henry:
Every time I try to set any book to be available off line nothing happens and the app crashes.

This is a known issue that we are working on. It affects some users but not others.

Posts 8
Ken Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 10:58 AM

I purchased my iphone Friday Jan. 1 and downloaded the app.  I was able to download about four our five books for offline reading.  On about the fifth book the app began crashing during download.  I deleated and reinstalled the app, losing the books downloaded.  From that point on I have not been able to download any books.  I have synced the app program with itunes.  God speed on working out the fix.

Posts 273
Rev. Kelly Todd | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 2:48 PM

I would think that this is a very basic function of a bible, and an absolute must have... am I wrong?

Posts 33
Ronnie Poon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 11:26 PM

Is(will) offline reading supported in the web version?

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:53 AM

It appears that with the latest update (1.2.2), the "downloaded but unopened book would not open in offline mode" bug is still there.

Posts 8
Ken Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 5:43 AM

I had trouble updating to version 1.2.2 yesterday.  I had to delete the app from my phone and computer, then download the newest version onto my computer, then sinc my phone with itunes.  This intalled the updated version (1.2.2) .  Then when I tried to download books for offline reading, I would get the airplane logo in my library but the books were not available offline.  Then I turned airplane mode off, opened the app, opened the book I wanted to download, navigated to a few different points in the book, and then initiated the download.  This process worked for me.  All of the books that were opened in the app before beginning the download are now available for offline reading.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:23 AM

Amy Leung:

It appears that with the latest update (1.2.2), the "downloaded but unopened book would not open in offline mode" bug is still there.

Hi Amy,

Does this occur with a specific book or any book you've tried to download for offline mode?

Thanks,
Melissa

Posts 993
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 10:23 AM

ShikaiRonniePoon:
Is(will) offline reading supported in the web version?

It is unlikely due to the significant technical challenges with offline web apps.

Posts 5
Paul Henry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 12:18 PM

Dave,

I updated the APP this morning and the "Reading off line" seems to be working fine now.  I downloaded a book, turned the phone to airplane mode and pulled up the book with no problems.  turned the Airplane mode off and everything loaded backup with no problems.  Really sweet to be reading a book on my phone and get back to my laptop and pull up the book and have it open up to the same page I was on while reading it from my phone.  Not sure about the others that are still having trouble. 

Thanks

Paul

Page 4 of 7 (125 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS