Page 5 of 7 (125 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next >
This post has 124 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 2834
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 1:59 PM

If the book is downloaded and available offline will it default to reading it offline first and then go online. Or will it default to accessing online unless the net is not available.

I would assume the first is true, but just wanted to ask.

Posts 3
Gaylon Crittenden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:05 PM

Yes, I am having the same issue with the App crash while trying to download a book.  I am using version 1.2.1 that was suppose to resolve this issue, but still have the problem.

Posts 993
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:16 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:
If the book is downloaded and available offline will it default to reading it offline first and then go online.

Yes, the app will use the downloaded content before going online. You should therefore see a modest performance increase if you have a book downloaded, even if you're online.

Posts 993
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:16 PM

Gaylon, please update to 1.2.2, released yesterday.

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:17 PM

Gaylon:

Yes, I am having the same issue with the App crash while trying to download a book.  I am using version 1.2.1 that was suppose to resolve this issue, but still have the problem.

Update to ver 1.2.2 and see if that fixes your problem

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:18 PM

Dave Dunkin:

Kevin A. Purcell:
If the book is downloaded and available offline will it default to reading it offline first and then go online.

Yes, the app will use the downloaded content before going online. You should therefore see a modest performance increase if you have a book downloaded, even if you're online.

Now this is what I call coolCool, thanks for your hard work Dave!Big Smile

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 2:41 PM

Anthony Etienne:
Now this is what I call coolCool, thanks for your hard work Dave!Big Smile

Yes, I am starting really to like my iPhone Logos. It gets better and better.Good job Logos.

Bohuslav

Posts 3
Gaylon Crittenden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 3:25 PM

I downloaded the newest version 1.2.2 and now the books are downloaded and available offline.

Posts 2834
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 6:09 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:
Yes, I am starting really to like my iPhone Logos. It gets better and better.Good job Logos.

Yes this is shaping up nicely. If the publishers will cooperate this will become a great app. I think that is the only thing holding it back and of course the search function. I still would love to see the ability to search one Bible and have the list of results all show in one scrollable screen.

Next would be notes sync now that the beta of the Desktop app allows for old notes importing and the notes feature in the desktop app is much better too since 4.0a.

Posts 1
Chris Bolton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:21 AM

My wife and I just got our iPhones and this was one of the first apps I downloaded. Unfortunately I am unable to download any books so that I can read them offline. Every book I've checked has the read offline option greyed out. If anyone could provide some assistance I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Chris

Posts 993
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 10:32 AM

Chris Bolton:
Unfortunately I am unable to download any books so that I can read them offline. Every book I've checked has the read offline option greyed out.

You need to have a license for the book to be able to download it for offline use. If you don't have Logos 4, you can get it here: http://www.logos.com/basepackages.

Posts 187
Anthony Etienne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:14 AM

Dave Dunkin:

You need to have a license for the book to be able to download it for offline use. If you don't have Logos 4, you can get it here: http://www.logos.com/basepackages.

Hey Dave, even with Logos 4 there are a some books that have the download icon (switch) greyed out. Like the NKJV and quite a few other bibles and resources; I figured this was a license thing and eventually they will be downloadable?

Posts 993
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 11:22 AM

Not all books can be downloaded yet for various reasons, but we're working on it.

Posts 993
LogosEmployee
Dave Dunkin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:44 PM

All books are now available for download if you have the license and the book is available on the iPhone.

(Updated for clarification on availability.)

Posts 2834
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:52 PM

Dave Dunkin:

All books are now available for download if you have the license.

NKJV will not let me turn on the Available Offline switch.

UPDATE: Working now. It might have been before, but I am always trying to slide the switch but it really has to be tapped to work right.

Posts 33
Ronnie Poon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 5:53 PM

Will there be any plans to put offline viewing function into the web version instead of just for iPhone? I would expect at least 100 printed pages worth of content to download when I go off the network coverage area.

With the launch of Nexus-One, will there also be plans to develop an app for Android based phones?

Posts 15
Paul Lund | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 6:22 PM

With the launch of Nexus-One, will there also be plans to develop an app for Android based phones?

Ditto here - will there be an app for the new Google phone?

Posts 2834
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:49 PM

Dave Dunkin:

Just to clarify, do you mean all the books in our library or all the books that are availabe on the iPhone can be downloaded for offline. Because there are books in my Logos 4 desktop library that are not on the iPhone yet. So I assume you meant the latter - if they are availabe for iphone and we have them in our own library then they can be downloaded for offline use.

One example is that NAC. It is not on my iPhone.

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 6 2010 9:53 PM

Dave Dunkin:

Books that don't work:

Summa Theologica (English)

Church Administration

131 Christians Everyone Should Know

Comical Doctrine

Also- in a possibly related note: all of these say "no cover" and I know at least Summa has a cover. I can view them fine on-ilne, but they get a resource not available message sometimes (and other times- nothing happens).  Version 1.2.2 built Dec 31 16:51:39.  I have gigs of free space, so that's not an issue...

Posts 2834
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 7 2010 7:12 AM

Matt B:

Dave Dunkin:

Books that don't work:

Summa Theologica (English)

Church Administration

131 Christians Everyone Should Know

Comical Doctrine

Just so you know, these all (except summa, which I don't have in my library) work for me. I can download them. One thing that you might want to make sure is that you are not trying to swipe the button. It seems a little finicky. If you tap the button it works better than trying to swipe it.

Page 5 of 7 (125 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > | RSS