DON'T vote for John Piper, Vote for Craig Evans instead!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 4 2014 7:40 PM

Seriously, John Piper's resources are ALL free from his website DesiringGod

vote for Craig Evans!

you can vote as many times as you want .. so recast your vote people.

Posts 1110
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 4 2014 10:03 PM

I don't know what you mean look at all these, they are not Free!

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=john+piper

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 1110
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 4 2014 10:15 PM

Ok, I checked his web site also. Now I don't understand if John Piper gives his books as a free download pdf,

Why does Logos charge for his books what is Logos adding to his resources?

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 33432
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 4 2014 10:21 PM

Lee Garrison:
Why does Logos charge for his books what is Logos adding to his resources?

tagging and links

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 149
David A. Peterson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 5 2014 12:16 AM

mike:
Seriously, John Piper's resources are ALL free

In the interest of truth, not all of the resources are free, some are available to download as PDF/MOBI/EPUB, some as PDF with the option to purchase Kindle or Hardback, some offer PDF for free, and paperback for purchase, and yet others offer exerpts for free with purchase options...

All would indicate all, and unfortunately does not apply to his website (Piper does offer an amazing amount of his excellent work free, however, and I am not trying to take away from his generousity and desire to teach)

Warmest Regards,

DP

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 5 2014 4:37 AM

David A. Peterson:

In the interest of truth, not all of the resources are free, some are available to download as PDF/MOBI/EPUB, some as PDF with the option to purchase Kindle or Hardback, some offer PDF for free, and paperback for purchase, and yet others offer exerpts for free with purchase options...

ok .. 90% Zip it!

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 5 2014 5:26 PM

Well, maybe it is just me, but I don't respond well to "Vote against" solicitations.  It makes me more inclined to vote the other way.  I will try to resist the inclination to be so influenced, but "Vote against" does not help you case with me.

Try just "Vote For", and tell why.

By the way this is not just aimed at this thread.  It seems to be happening frequently by many people.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 182
David Sloan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 5 2014 6:58 PM

I love Piper as much as anybody, but I agree, having some of the resources by Craig Evans on sale with Logos would be excellent!

Posts 8396
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 7 2014 4:18 PM

People are either crazy or lazy to be voting for Piper instead of Craig Evans! I guess they love to steal Piper's sermons, instead of using Evans' material to do research on other important stuff and come up with their own sermons.  I mean, I can see Piper having lots of sermons and his books being sermon material, but that's the attitude of a "Lazy Preacher" who just loves to "borrow" material from well known expositors to integrate it into their sermons, but come on guys, Craig Evans has some awesome material that will help you become a better student of the Word. I see Piper's material as "canned food" that you just open up and feed people with, whereas Evans' material I see it as a recipe book that helps you prepare stuff and doesn't prepare it for you.

It's super CRAZY that Piper has the lead on Craig Evans and what's even CRAZIER is that people are still voting for other "canned food" materials in the form of Packer and Sproule!!! I mean, is Schreiner material too smart for some of you?

I mean, I can see Packer having the lead on Arnold G. F. because Arnold is relatively "unknown" and not as famous, but Sproule over Schreiner and Piper over Evans? Insane!!! This leads me to believe that this whole voting thing is "fixed" since Piper's works are cheaper than Evans and publishers don't really want to give that much discounts on more expensive works.  I don't know, all sales seem fishy to me anyway; like the last Black Friday sale we had where the most voted for got a huge discount (not really) when the most voted for included some titles that left many of us scratching our heads.

Oh well, I guess it's part of the "sales strategy business."

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 9 2014 6:17 PM

DAL:

People are either crazy or lazy to be voting for Piper instead of Craig Evans! I guess they love to steal Piper's sermons, instead of using Evans' material to do research on other important stuff and come up with their own sermons.  I mean, I can see Piper having lots of sermons and his books being sermon material, but that's the attitude of a "Lazy Preacher" who just loves to "borrow" material from well known expositors to integrate it into their sermons, but come on guys, Craig Evans has some awesome material that will help you become a better student of the Word. I see Piper's material as "canned food" that you just open up and feed people with, whereas Evans' material I see it as a recipe book that helps you prepare stuff and doesn't prepare it for you.

It's super CRAZY that Piper has the lead on Craig Evans and what's even CRAZIER is that people are still voting for other "canned food" materials in the form of Packer and Sproule!!! I mean, is Schreiner material too smart for some of you?

I mean, I can see Packer having the lead on Arnold G. F. because Arnold is relatively "unknown" and not as famous, but Sproule over Schreiner and Piper over Evans? Insane!!! This leads me to believe that this whole voting thing is "fixed" since Piper's works are cheaper than Evans and publishers don't really want to give that much discounts on more expensive works.  I don't know, all sales seem fishy to me anyway; like the last Black Friday sale we had where the most voted for got a huge discount (not really) when the most voted for included some titles that left many of us scratching our heads.

Oh well, I guess it's part of the "sales strategy business."

Now that is a great example of how to convince and influence people.  I know it persuaded me.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS