LOGOS: Where is the Sovereignty of God?

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 9 2014 12:41 PM

Arthur Pink's most popular work "The Sovereignty of God" is not in Logos. We have every other work of his in the A.W. Pink collection.  Why is this one missing?

It is available for free in several places on the internet.  I can get a PDF format.  I can read it in HTML.  I can get it in Kindle (for free).  But not Logos.  Something is wrong here.

Granted, a personal book has been made from those sources, but I shouldn't have to use that.  Especially since personal books aren't available on mobile devices.

The question of the missing book has been asked many times (here, here, here) on this forum without an answer from Logos.  I've even asked Logos employees directly, who never found me an answer. Can we get this corrected?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1035
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 9 2014 1:28 PM

The obvious answer, that Logos does not want to propagate Pink's view of election (much like Banner of Truth did not) seems absurd given everything else that logos publishes, but failing that it is really hard to understand. 

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 9 2014 1:54 PM

Mike Pettit:

The obvious answer, that Logos does not want to propagate Pink's view of election (much like Banner of Truth did not) seems absurd given everything else that logos publishes, but failing that it is really hard to understand. 

I wouldn't call that the "obvious" answer. Pink's view isn't any different than Piper's (and I'm sure many other authors they publish).

I'm pretty sure it's just an oversight that hasn't been made important enough for someone to fix it.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 9 2014 1:59 PM

I'll post this book under Files.

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 9 2014 2:06 PM

HansK:

I'll post this book under Files.

Thanks Hans.  I should have linked to a copy originally.  I already have it.

I do want Logos to know that the PB isn't the answer.  I was using my iPad at church today, and someone was teaching on Pink's book.  I was thinking, I have that somewhere, but I couldn't find it in Logos.  Then I remembered that this was the book that Logos forgot, and that my copy is only a PB, and I can't read it on my iPad.  I had to go download the PDF to read it (and, sadly, not have any of the passage references hotlinked).

Posts 1809
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 9 2014 2:22 PM

Todd Phillips:
I can get it in Kindle (for free).

Thanks for pointing it out!  Got it! Surprise

I have a very poor E4 Libronix copy on my computer Embarrassed  along with a few other Pink books, NON of which are been updated by Logos. Sad

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 1:29 PM

Thanks for pointing out this hole. We will definitely get that into Logos ASAP.

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 1:58 PM

Christian Locatell:

Thanks Christian.  It would be wonderful if it could be added to the existing Pink collection (and base packages that include the Pink Collection), especially since everyone expects it to be there, and it would continue to be a source of customer confusion if it wasn't.  (Plus the collection write-up includes a quote from R. Kent Hughes that specifically talks about The Sovereignty of God.  That's pretty close to advertising it as being included, and it's at least misleading if it isn't).

Posts 1035
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 2:11 PM

Well done Todd, you obviously have the ear of Logos.

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 2:13 PM

Mike Pettit:

Well done Todd, you obviously have the ear of Logos.

We all do, really--we have a devoted Reformed products manager now.  Mr. Locatell has been very responsive since he joined Logos, so I figured it was time to bring up the request again.

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 2:41 PM

Yeah. I think what would happen is that it would first go through CP so people can bid on it (even those who already have the Pink collection). THen once it's produced, it would be added to the main collection.

Posts 124
Mark Ziebold | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 3:34 PM

This needs to be done as quickly as possible.  Serious work that needs to be in Logos.  

Posts 1035
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 3:40 PM

Christian Locatell:

Yeah. I think what would happen is that it would first go through CP so people can bid on it (even those who already have the Pink collection). THen once it's produced, it would be added to the main collection.

It would be really good if it was the full original 3rd edition, not the later censored version (although perversely I suppose the revised edition is still under copyright so that would be unlikely). 

Posts 5632
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 3:50 PM

Mike Pettit:

Christian Locatell:

It would be really good if it was the full original 3rd edition, not the later censored version (although perversely I suppose the revised edition is still under copyright so that would be unlikely). 

I don't believe the fourth edition is censored either.  (It's not clear from the  Amazon page, but if you look at the Kindle preview you'll see the preface to the fourth edition.)

Posts 71
Christian Locatell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 3:54 PM

I'm looking at the 4th edition which seems to be in the public domain. It's on archive here.

Posts 1035
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 10 2014 4:04 PM

Christian Locatell:

I'm looking at the 4th edition which seems to be in the public domain. It's on archive here.

There is no difference between the 3rd and 4th editions so that is fine.

Posts 258
Aaron Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 10:35 AM

Christian Locatell:

Yes

Posts 9697
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 7:39 PM

Christian Locatell:

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 10:49 PM

Tom Rach:
I have a very poor E4 Libronix copy on my computer Embarrassed  along with a few other Pink books, NON of which are been updated by Logos. Sad

Same here.

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 5933
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 2:17 AM

Otto S. Carroll:

Tom Rach:

Same here.

ditto

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS