Would discussing Eph together with friend, be good idea?

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 11 2014 11:57 AM

As I found a good price on what I think is the best commentary on Eph: Which Abingdon Commentary volumes other than Eph by Pheme Perkins? ... I started to think whether discussing this letter together with a new friend would be a good idea? The length of the letter might be just about right. As far as I recall there's nothing extremely controversial about the letter and it's not the kind of letter like 2 Cor 8-9 which talks about giving which is something to avoid talking about with a new friend.

(I'm mainly trying to look for a Mennonite friend in various places over here, but I will also try - as far as it's possible considering the first class is a distance tuition class, to look for a friend at the seminary next month. There's also someone interesting who I think might be a Catholic (as it's the student group of a Catholic Church) who is very highly educated but quite young, a PhD student - but not within theology or languages, and she is from Germany and I don't know about her plans how long she will stay in this area (most of the people in the student group move after a short while).)

Any other suggestions for what to read and study together? Something in the 38-book (DSS) OId Testament in English could also be a good idea - but I have even fewer ideas which of those books to choose as a topic.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 11 2014 5:09 PM

Now considering adding Deuteronomy.

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 5,850own
12G A9-9420 V8.3 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS