Export/Print function causes crash

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 418
James C. | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 13 2014 10:49 AM

Every time I try to export/print a bibliography it causes Logos 5 to crash.

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 10:52 AM

I’m sorry you’re having problems with the software. Can you please log the behavior and attach the log files to a reply here? Also, is the crash occuring trying to open the Preview window, or when you actually hit Print, or select the location to export to?

Windows: www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/logging

Mac: www.logos.com/support/logos5/mac/logging

Posts 418
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 11:02 AM

It happens when I hit the print/export. No preview shows up it just causes the crash. I attached my log files.4861.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:00 PM

Hi James,

Can you go to the Printer section in your Control panel and make the XPS document reader the default printer, and try it again. If it still crashes give us a call at your earliest convenience (800-875-6467). If the app doesn't crash then there is either something wrong with the printer driver, or you didn't have a default printer set. 

Posts 418
James C. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:03 PM

I can't because when I click on the print/export feature it crashes. I am unable to see the print setup screen or the preview. I'll call tech support. Thanks

Posts 25893
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:24 PM

James C.:

I can't because when I click on the print/export feature it crashes. I am unable to see the print setup screen or the preview. I'll call tech support. Thanks

Hi James

I think Tommy was suggesting that you go to the Windows Control Panel and set the default printer to be the "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" before starting Logos and trying the Print/Export function

Graham 

Posts 3196
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 13 2014 12:28 PM

Graham Criddle:

James C.:

Hi James

I think Tommy was suggesting that you go to the Windows Control Panel and set the default printer to be the "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" before starting Logos and trying the Print/Export function

Graham 

Precisely. Thanks, Graham. James called us and is talking to one of our Tech reps now. :-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS