NOW AVAILABLE: Reformed Base Packages!

Page 3 of 6 (103 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 102 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 4:50 PM

Maybe because they now have 27 volumes vs 24 volumes of ESS?

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 5:05 PM

Evan Boardman:

Maybe because they now have 27 volumes vs 24 volumes of ESS?

Mine went up a few bucks from Friday but ESS is still listed as 24

Exegetical Summaries Series (24 vols.)

Posts 646
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 2:48 AM

Christian Locatell:

This is being taken care of. Part of the reason for the discrepency in resource count and volume count is because 4 of the volumes are only 2 resources: Mark and Hebrews. The following should appear shortly for a volume count of 30 and a "resource" count of 28.

Deuteronomy: Loving Obedience to a Loving God

Proverbs: Wisdom that Works

1 & 2 Thessalonians: The Hope of Salvation,

Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches

A week on and still don't seem to have them - should we be getting these soon?

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 4:15 AM

Stephen Steele:

Christian Locatell:

This is being taken care of. Part of the reason for the discrepency in resource count and volume count is because 4 of the volumes are only 2 resources: Mark and Hebrews. The following should appear shortly for a volume count of 30 and a "resource" count of 28.

Deuteronomy: Loving Obedience to a Loving God

Proverbs: Wisdom that Works

1 & 2 Thessalonians: The Hope of Salvation,

Revelation: The Spirit Speaks to the Churches

A week on and still don't seem to have them - should we be getting these soon?

That's strange - my new Preaching the Word volumes came through straight away. Maybe you should contact Customer Services in case there's been some error in your licences for these volumes.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:10 AM

I'm considering Reformed Platinum but here are some of my problems in doing so:

• No comparison chart between base packages to help me choose what's best for me (at this point this is a deal breaker )
  • No links from the resource list to an actual product description (also a deal breaker)
  • Duplication (not of actual resources, but virtual duplication nonetheless):
    • BHS is in the list, though I have BHS/WHM 4.2 & BHW 4.18. 
    • Classic Commentary Series duplicates the some of the content of other commentaries I already have (e.g. Calvin's Commentaries) - while I know these are actually not the same actual resources, they are identical content (or am I mistaken).
    • Other? I don't know, and don't know how to determine whether there is any other virtual duplication like this.
  • Difficulties in knowing what I'm buying:
    • Many of the resources on the web page do not include authors (e.g. "Apologetics"  by whom)?
    • The list emailed to me (in Excel format) does not contain authors, making many resources impossible to find (e.g., A Defence of Virginia, and through Her, of the South, in Recent and Pending Contests against the Sectional Party, a search for this title on the Logos website yields 0 results - it's actually part of a collection.)
    • Some titles in the email list are just plain confusing (e.g., A History of the Church in [Seven, Nine, Five, Six, etc.] Books. Huh?). (Please put in names of the collections included, vs. individual titles to help us know what we're looking at here.)
  • There seems to be a heavy emphasis on early 20th century works and earlier (not much later 20th Century stuff), making this collection more of a Historic Reformed collection (IMHO). Where are Lewis Smedes, Neil Plantinga, James Bratt, Anthony Hoekema, to name a few? (Yes, I know Logos doesn't have these authors, however this does underscore the historic (vs. contemporary) nature of this collection.)
  • No Reformed missiology. Really?

Needless to say, I've been frustrated at digging into this collection and figuring out what's actually here that I want. But I've concluded that much of this would be of more interest to one interested in historic Reformed theology than contemporary Reformed theology/thinking. At this point I'm not convinced this package is for me. Maybe a comparison chart with links to actual works/collections would convince me otherwise.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1794
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:17 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

I'm considering Reformed Platinum but here are some of my problems in doing so:

• No comparison chart between base packages to help me choose what's best for me (at this point this is a deal breaker )
  • No links from the resource list to an actual product description (also a deal breaker)

We really need the comparison chart with links! Big Smile

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 9226
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 8:28 AM

Tom Rach:

YES YES YES!

This is exactly what I have been waiting to place my order.

What's funny is that I had the Reformed Platinum in my cart for several days while I am waiting for this and yesterday I got a call from sales asking me about it. I didn't even realize that they monitored our carts like that!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:40 AM

Bruce Dunning:
What's funny is that I had the Reformed Platinum in my cart for several days while I am waiting for this and yesterday I got a call from sales asking me about it. I didn't even realize that they monitored our carts like that!

Yeah, I've become more careful about leaving things in my cart.  Invariably if I leave a high dollar item in the cart, I will get a call from sales asking me if I need help deciding.  It's happened several times.  I always clean my cart out to keep the unwanted calls away.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9226
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 9:53 AM

Todd Phillips:
Yeah, I've become more careful about leaving things in my cart.  Invariably if I leave a high dollar item in the cart, I will get a call from sales asking me if I need help deciding.  It's happened several times.  I always clean my cart out to keep the unwanted calls away.

Now I know!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 10:02 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Please don't lose out on the 15% introductory savings waiting on the charts  With a little work you should be able to determine whether or not it is a good deal. My dynamic price shows a savings of about 75%.

Bruce Dunning:

Yes, there are some aggressive sales reps. Too bad I use my cart for comparison and consideration. Many things that go into my cart never go through checkout.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 10:17 AM

I followed exactly the same process as I did when buying the Mega Bundle:

I added up the cost of the items in the set that were already on my wish list, or that I was really interested in.

I compared that total to the price Logos were offering me to buy at.

In both cases I ended up with a lower bundle offer from Logos for the resources I really wanted, with a whole load of others thrown in as well.

It took a little work, but both sets - for me - represented good value. 

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 3:11 PM

Until Logos creates their own version... Randy Sims and I have created this as a stop gap.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhAl790TopkhdHNsTnRLY1A2RU9OY3pDNHdqTHVpQ3c#gid=20

The Omnibus page has every base package ever made, including the new reformed BP's.

Bruce Dunning:

Tom Rach:

YES YES YES!

haha... yeah they have done that for me as well... These sales people tend to be the ones most motivated to make you a good deal. The one that contacted me offered me a deeper discount on any L5 base package than I had been able to get when they were introduced, offered to let me return the BP I had purchased and pick up any of the other BP's at the new deeper discount (plus the money I had paid in since.

So from my perspective, my payments went down, and were spread across fewer months for a bigger base package, and I was able to use the resources for the first almost six months the packages had been in existence. In the end, I think it cost me about 400$ to upgrade from Gold to Platinum thanks to Logos checking my cart.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 20 2014 5:12 PM

I'm definitely getting the Reformed Platinum package because I'll actually  save money getting it. The only problem is knowing all the pre-pubs I've already ordered that are in this package (and CPs). I want to know which ones to cancel before buying the package. Without the product page linking to the resources it is hard to find out which. As Richard points out it is difficult to know  what some of the resources even are.

Posts 3942
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 1:43 PM

Soo... the package changed.

They now say I have to pay 1.68 to get the Reformed Platinum package which I already bought. (investigating)

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 1011
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 2:57 PM

abondservant:

They now say I have to pay 1.68 to get the Reformed Platinum package which I already bought. (investigating)

I pulled the $1.64 trigger and nothing else has downloaded.

Posts 2081
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 3:17 PM

Mine shows $1.93. CS says it has to do with Greek Pronunciation which is being fixed right now for first time purchasers but is for some unknown reason showing up on my account as unlocked even though I had it before purchasing Reformed Platinum. But will be resolved shortly... I think. I had to rush off the phone because work was calling.

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 3:29 PM

My tip of the day regarding the March Madness Final Four Contestants: John Owen and Lloyd-Jones. If the dynamic pricing gives you a good price and you have a 15% introductory discount why not just pick up the Reformed Gold package if you want Owen and Lloyd-Jones? It would be a good start. Just food for thought. All the best.

Cheers,
 ChelseaFC

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 1011
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 4:55 PM

Mike Pettit:

abondservant:

I pulled the $1.64 trigger and nothing else has downloaded.

They have refunded the $1.64, goodness knows why this has happened. In itself it is really minor but Logos seems to be in disarray at the moment.

Posts 9226
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:02 PM

My is also showing $1.93

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 21 2014 5:11 PM

Bruce Dunning:

My is also showing $1.93

+1 Yes for $ 1.93 March Madness plus Thankful for Reformed Platinum package.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 3 of 6 (103 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS