Syncing Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Justin Kunnari | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 14 2014 5:37 AM

Would it be possible to use an online storage service like "box", "dropbox", "google drive", and etc to sync ones personal books between devices? I am quite sure that this isn't an option, but i think it may be possible :/

Just a thought

Posts 9711
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 5:58 AM

Welcome to the forums Justin.

You are right that it isn't an option but it is one that has been requested many times in the past.

I'd be interested in hearing how you think it might be possible.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1875
Paul-C | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 6:00 AM

Justin, as an aside Logos has confirmed that its working on its own method to sync PBs across different devices. No timescale for completion of this has been given, and I believe - but may be wrong - that what Logos is considering is using its own servers to sync PBs.

[EDIT - this thread confirms this is work in progress: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/66838/466886.aspx#466886 ]

Posts 25490
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 6:03 AM

Hi Justin - and welcome to the forums

Justin Kunnari:
Would it be possible to use an online storage service like "box", "dropbox", "google drive", and etc to sync ones personal books between devices?

Some people use these types of services to sync personal book source documents (.docx files) so that it is easier to build them on each computer running Logos 5. If this is what you are interested in and want some more details, please ask.

If you are thinking about the compiled books themselves then currently the metadata is synced between Logos 5 environments and Logos are working on a mechanism to synchronise the books themselves. This will be cloud-based hosted on their servers. There will early signs of this in the current beta cycle but this has subsequently been withdrawn due to some issues so we don't know when it will be available.

The ability to synchronise to mobile devices will not be available until syncing between Logos 5 environments is working

Graham

Posts 4
Justin Kunnari | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 3:20 PM

I mentioned using free cloud space, and so the trouble that this would pose is logos in my mind is that the two servers need to talk... The one glimmer of hope that got me thinking was the fact that in these personal accounts you can make a file public. In my mind this would be more for an advanced user which is something that i think logos would want to stay away from... 

Posts 4
Justin Kunnari | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 14 2014 3:21 PM

Thanks for the link! that's awesome! I'll be waiting for the release:)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS