Crash on ESV read aloud

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 329
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 16 2014 8:55 AM

Both when using the drop down box, or attempting Ctrl+R, Logos 5 immediately crashes when in the ESV Bible. Wondering if this is due to a new update, or is something wrong with my system setup of L5?

It does allow me to open the media ESV Audio Bible, and does not crash, only when I am in the ESV Bible and press ctrl+r does it crash. Strange, has anyone else had this problem?

One more thing, it does allow the system narrator to read aloud without crashing, just not David Cochran Heath, but then why does is allow both in the drop down menu?

Posts 28359
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 12:29 PM

Ralph Mauch:
One more thing, it does allow the system narrator to read aloud without crashing, just not David Cochran Heath, but then why does is allow both in the drop down menu?

The two "read alouds" use different technology. The "system narrator" is a computer generated voice, provided by your OS (which one are you using, by the way?). The other is an audio book. Incidentally, the later is streaming over the internet, so that could be one cause of your problem. 

You might have an internet problem; you might have an outdated version of the ESV resource; you might need to update your software engine.

It might be helpful to see logs. If you are running mac, see the link in my signature line. Otherwise, you can look up diagnostic logging in the wiki.

http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 329
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 16 2014 12:53 PM

alabama24:
It might be helpful to see logs.
alabama24:

24130.LogosError.zip

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS