No NICNT Romans Moo

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 7
WR82 | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 18 2014 7:24 PM

Really?

After including other NIC volumes in this sale, the Romans commentary is not included?I realize this March Madness voting is for a pig in a poke, (An author for none of their works listed) but I really planned on getting that book during this sale.  Moo has like 6 books total.  What kind of paranoid person would I be to doubt it would be there?  I guess I should have curbed my enthusiasm and hopefulness. Also, I know some of you are going to reply saying it was on sale for 30% last month.   With March Madness around the corner, I always save up.  I was (correctly) confident that Moo would get 40% or higher.  30% off just wasn't something I wanted to jump on in February. 

Bad decision.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why it is not on sale?

Posts 8411
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 7:33 PM

LOL I knew it! You can check out the same complaint here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/82428.aspx You will see the reason why it wasn't included.

DAL

Posts 704
ChelseaFC | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 7:44 PM

Maybe because it wasn't worth it to Logos to make it on offer for a huge savings. Or maybe Logos couldn't discount it that much (although that is less likely). Or it could just be that Logos didn't want to do it (same as a the first reason). It's their sale and they have final say on things.

Two years ago, Carson made it too the finals and had 3 books on offer. That was disappointing, although I picked up one book. Then last year most of his books were on offer. What's the difference? I have no idea. But maybe the sale has to be good in order for it to be a sale and for them to make some money. (nothing wrong with that).

This year Moo has 6 books, but what about next year. Or will Wright's Faithfulness of God get the 45% or more discount? I doubt it but we'll have to wait and see...This is why some users have suggested doing a resource based sale, so that users aren't disappointed in what they are getting. In the MM we are bidding on the hope of a resource being on sale. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It also depends what you already own. Overall I still think it's a good sale, even if I haven't bought anything (yet).

thanks my two pence.

Chelsea FC- Today is a good day!

Posts 636
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 9:56 PM

I wonder if an author's success can work against us? In other words, maybe Logos could afford to discount NICNT Romans at 30% but couldn't once it reached 40%. Therefore had Moo lost in an earlier round the book would have been offered because it was a manageable discount?

It's just a theory but it would explain why Carson had only 3 books available when he won.

Posts 5429
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 18 2014 10:39 PM

Nearly everything Carson has was offered at 75% last year...and probably again this year. Tongue Tied

In my revised March Gladness Sale scenario, Logos would actually create 2-4 different pools of discounted resources (whatever was needful), and then give us a variety of discounts that we could apply to whichever authors we choose. That would mitigate any unseen mismatch such as you describe. Now if only the idea could get some support. Confused

Just FYI...in the past, excerpts from Moo's three RoMOOns commentaries (for awhile, I thought it was the only book he messed with) have been posted. Certainly, NICNT is the most in-depth of the three, covering lots of minutiae, but for a succinct, readable breakdown of the main issues, the Encountering book is not a bad choice. I have both of his others, but I might go ahead and pick this one up this time around. I think it is probably the most readable and quotable of the three.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS