Custom Vocab Lists

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 25
Wonderer | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 21 2014 4:04 PM

Is there a way to create a vocabulary list by searching for terms in a specific book/chapter that are also vocabulary entries in a chosen dictionary?

(...or from a chosen collection; I made a collection from IVP's series of "Pocket" dictionaries)

I am studying the passages referenced in a book I am reading prior to reading each chapter.  I would like to do the same in regard to technical terms mentioned.  This way, I can read faster and with better comprehension.

Posts 25733
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 22 2014 12:02 AM

I answered this earlier and it seesm to have been deleted!!  Here is the gist of my response:-

Select the content of a chapter (not a whole book), then copy and paste into a Basic Search box (see Note below).  Put commas after each word and remove any other punctuation  e.g.

will, these, words, be, found, in, my, dictionary

Then run the search to see which ones are found in your dictionary. Remove words that are not found and copy the remainder (CTRL+C). You are now ready to Add the words to a Word List (from clipboard).

NOTE that the Search Find box will have a finite and workable limit for this method.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS