Collapsible List when Sorting By Book in Basic Search Results

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 30 2009 1:48 PM

I would like to suggest making each book collapsible (much like the Cited By tool) in the results list of the Basic search tool when ranking the results by book.

Perhaps a Collapse All/Expand All toggle at the top of the list would also be helpful if this were implemented.

Posts 425
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:44 PM

Yes  Something along these lines has been requested more than once in recent weeks.  Maybe the fact that this request keeps coming up will help give it some traction on the developer's list of to-do's.

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Trekstor Primebook/Celeron/4GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Posts 8
Glenn Watts | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:01 PM

Yes x 100

This would be extremely helpful!! I can't express my support for this request enough.

Since I got L4 installed a few days ago, I have been struggling to figure out why it's taking me so long to sort through search results compared to L3 -- I couldn't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels so incredibly labored.

About 10 minutes ago it finally hit me what didn't feel right -- viewing search results "by book" doesn't allow any collapsing of the list!! -- so I came to the forum and lo and behold here's a posting about exactly that! 

Smile

I almost always want to see results "by book" but in L4 you have no choice but to "scroll" and "next-page" to go through every single entry in every searched resource. I've already made some pretty "tight" collections, and my search pattern is pretty focused, I feel -- so it's not that I'm searching too many resources. But WOW, it would help so much to be able to just "collapse all" on that "by book" list and then I can skim down and only investigate the ones that I'm pretty sure will return the info I'm looking for.

So here's my request: Put the ability to collapse/expand ALL, and also little plus/minus marks to collapse/expand individual resources, similar to in L3.

Posts 2990
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 25 2010 1:26 PM

Yes please! I appreciated the way that L3 worked in this regard. Please bring this back. If I get more than a few search results, it is impossible to go through them, whereas in L3 I could sort through thousands of hits with relative efficiency

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS