Installing - Prerequisites problem

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:55 PM

For the last day or so (since an update was available) I get the following message when starting Logos. It says "An update is ready to be installed. Do you want to install it? (Recommended). 

Clicking on the "Yes" it says "Logos 5 prerequisites are already installed." Then it says "The installation of Logos Prerequisites did not succeed." Logos then does not load. I have to start over again and click on the "no" in order for Logos to start up properly. 

Any suggestions as what to do? 

Posts 6750
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:02 AM

Have you used the control panel to repair the Logos prerequisites and Logos program?

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 5:24 AM

If this is continuing after the repair Lynden mentions - I would like to see a log file.

Please enable Logging (http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging ). 

Replicate the problem, but do not restart Logos until you've moved or uploaded your logs. (Logos rewrites logs when it starts). 

Then upload your logs ( http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs ) so we can take a look.  

Particularly I think the install log, but all of them zipped up would be useful.

Thanks

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 732
Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 8:21 AM

Repair from the Control Panel does nothing. Not sure if these are the files that are needed but I see they are the latest ones. Others are dated as 2013. 

Let me know if there's something else you need. I'll be out for the afternoon but will be back about suppertime for sustenance and of course - to see your suggestion(s) for a fix. Thanks for the replies!

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 9:22 AM

your logs are old.

The Prerequisite install log is dated 3/19/2013 so no help there.

Logos error-2 log is also old, dating to 2/26/14

Logos error log is closer at 4/8/14 but I don't see anything useful in it.

If you've been running/attempting since then I should have more recent log entries. make sure logging is enabled as above  - we need more recent logs.

I do note that you were running 5.2a (5.2.1.0067) on the eigth.  That same day an update was released, you may want to install that manually.  See: 5.2a Service Release 1 (5.2.1.0081) available for download

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 1:16 PM

Two things - 

1) not sure how to get the latest update you mention. I click on the Update in Logos but it says no updates are available. I clicked on the link that you gave but nothing works there either. Maybe you could give me a pointer to another way of getting this.

2) I cannot produce an up to date Log file, i.e. logos crash etc.  I'll send this one but sure this is not the one you're after. I hold down the Control key when booting Logos but still no crash logs. 

5808.PrerequisitesInstall.log

Posts 27469
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 3:14 PM

Bootjack:
1) not sure how to get the latest update you mention.

What is your version of Logos (from Help >> About...)?  Is it 5.2a or 5.2a SR-1?

If 5.2a then try https://s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.logos.com/LBS5/Installer/LogosSetup.exe  to update.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 4:58 PM

Hi Dave, after downloading, it gives me the same message. In other words, whatever the problem is, it's apparently something that not something many have run into, thus the amount of responses. If you've got another idea yourself, please advise. Thanks for your response! 

My Logos is Version 5.2a (5.2.1.0067) 

Posts 27469
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 5:43 PM

Bootjack:
If you've got another idea yourself, please advise.

Try uninstalling Logos Pre-requisites in Control Panel >> Programs and Features, and then retry the Setup link.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 732
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 6:03 PM

A low bow of salutary greeting(s) Dave - your advice did the trick. Appreciate your expertise and now I owe you a Tim's ... well, in your country, a StarBucks!!!  :-}

Posts 27469
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 11 2014 10:56 PM

Bootjack:
in your country, a StarBucks!!!

Gloria Jean's is preferableSmile

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS