Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1073
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 28 2014 11:59 PM

Dan Francis:
Sets must be sold together if bought that way.

I suspect the answer to my question might be 'Call Logos!" but ...

I am finding that some individual resources, bought as part of a set, are now in a base package that uses dynamic pricing. This would imply that I cannot sell the original set because some of the resources were used as 'credit' in dynamic pricing. Thus many 'sets' are permanently attached to base packages and cannot be sold (unless I divest myself of the lot ... not happening! IndifferentIndifferent ).

I am also curious about sets (commentaries mainly) that were partially bought under L3 bundles where they are no longer in a base product ... 

I recently tried to address this labyrinth using a database base on my order history. I think I got close-ish ... but I would need check all  my calculations with Logos before offering anything for sale ...

Has anybody had any experience of this issue? Where Logos able to be definitive for your resources?

As part of my calculations, which may be wrong, it would seem that the many Community Pricing 'Classic' bundles that I purchased for $x seem to give a much greater discount in the dynamic pricing for the 'Classic' upper bundle. e.g. paying $200 in CC has resulted in in $300 off the big bundle. I can see why that would work ... but it does mean that somebody wanting the Classic super bundle who was not in on the original CC options, could save significantly by buying mine at cost and then upgrading ... if I could clearly identify all the resources that I have that are part of the 'Classic' super bundle ... and that have not been 'locked' by a base product upgrade ... clear?!!Big Smile

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 18644
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 12:22 AM

Martin Folley:
I recently tried to address this labyrinth using a database base on my order history.

I have been trying to keep up the practice of tagging all my resources when I acquire them with not only the date of acquisition (in the format "Date: YYYYMMDD) but also a code that tells me how I acquired them (e.g., "Base: Portfolio" or "Bundle: Classic Comm Genesis"). Also if it was "CP" or "Pre-pub" or "Free" I tag it thus. I've gotten behind at times and have had to go through my order history on logos.com and old emails from Logos to figure things out. And in some cases I have not been able to figure out why a particular title appeared in my library or when. But for the most part this works for me.

Posts 178
Sir Maru | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 7:01 AM

I notice there is only one bid of $ 600 for that Logos 5 Gold package.  That seems like not enough interest to make it a real marketable bid.  I have a hunch it will be re-offered after the bid deadline of May 1.

I don't really have an urgent need for Logos 5 but would buy it if it was offered at a real bargain price, maybe less than $ 200 for the Gold package.

By the way, would that Logos 5 Gold package include all the datasets as well as all the resources or must I buy the Minimal Upgrade from Logos 4 anyway to get all the datasets?  That would cost me $ 159 in addition to the eBay package.

I am not a preacher, just a casual reader of the Bible and its related literature.

Frankly, I'd prefer the Android version to be upgraded in some way to the almost full datasets and strength of the PC Logos 5 version.  I tend to read eBooks from Amazon now on my Paperwhite, Fire HDX and Galaxy s5 far more than on my PC.  I rarely read anything on my PC these days but news and Forums.  Right now the Android version of Logos simply cannot match the Android AcroBible NIV App in my opinion.

The upgrade to Logos 5 Gold would cost me $ 1,066 if I purchased it direct from Logos.  Its got great features but the price is way too high for a casual Bible user.  If I was a preacher, it would be a must and the Church budget would probably pay for it.

Posts 5247
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 29 2014 10:54 AM

Sir Maru:

I notice there is only one bid of $ 600 for that Logos 5 Gold package.  That seems like not enough interest to make it a real marketable bid.  I have a hunch it will be re-offered after the bid deadline of May 1.

I don't really have an urgent need for Logos 5 but would buy it if it was offered at a real bargain price, maybe less than $ 200 for the Gold package.

By the way, would that Logos 5 Gold package include all the datasets as well as all the resources or must I buy the Minimal Upgrade from Logos 4 anyway to get all the datasets?  That would cost me $ 159 in addition to the eBay package.

No additional outlay should be required for you to have all the datasets, as long as this is a Logos 5, which seems very possible... The only additional expensive may be a $20 transfer fee. Which since it was never activated should not be the case, but my knowledge of these things is only from Libronix serial numbers and not from more recent codes.

-Dan

Posts 4
Florian Gostner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 12:06 PM

Hi, I would like to buy my fellow students whole library since he does no longer use LOGOS. - What are the practical steps of transferring all his books onto my account? - I haven't found any option or button or anything to do that.

Thanks for your help
- Flo

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 17 2014 12:30 PM

Florian Gostner:

Hi, I would like to buy my fellow students whole library since he does no longer use LOGOS. - What are the practical steps of transferring all his books onto my account? - I haven't found any option or button or anything to do that.

Thanks for your help
- Flo

He would have to call customer service and ask them to transfer all of his licenses into your account.  He would need to know the email address you used to set up your account to help them identify your account. There is a $20 fee for this.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9
Thomas D. Sutter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2019 1:08 PM

Is the $20 assessed on a per book basis or on a transaction basis. Obviously, if it is per book, then any book being sold for less than $20 is a losing proposition

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 23 2019 1:09 PM

Thomas D. Sutter:

Is the $20 assessed on a per book basis or on a transaction basis. Obviously, if it is per book, then any book being sold for less than $20 is a losing proposition

It is per transaction

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS