Logos crashing during start-up

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 16
Alan | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 16 2014 4:06 PM

I've started having the program crash while starting up. This appears to have started after the last Logos update and the last batch of windows updates. It happens even from a fresh computer boot-up with no other programs running. Attached are the entire contents of my "logos log files" directory.

Posts 26961
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 4:32 PM

Try this fix.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 16
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:25 PM

No go. The Presentation Service you told me to turn off was already off. It is set up as a manual start on my computer.

This machine is running Windows 7 and has all the most current security patches applied. The last ones were just installed a few days ago. This is not a fresh install of Logos 5; it's been on this machine and running satisfactorily for several months already.

Posts 26961
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:31 PM

Alan:
The Presentation Service you told me to turn off was already off. It is set up as a manual start on my computer.

Ditto for my Windows 7, but delete the cache file and reboot anyway (Logos uses WPF, which will use the service unless it is disabled).

Start Logos with CTRL key held so that we get a detailed log (Logos.log) if it still crashes. Upload the "logos log files" straight after the crash (don't restart Logos until that is done!).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 16
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 8:16 AM

It still doesn't work. Here are my logos.log files - the whole directory

Posts 9147
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 11:16 AM

A user on StackOverflow (who was experiencing the same crash in WPF) reported that it only stopped happening after disabling the service (not just deleting the cache files): http://stackoverflow.com/a/13631326

Please try stopping and disabling the service to see if that stops the crash at startup.

Posts 16
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 2:36 PM

Disabled. Rebooted. Tried again. Still doesn't work. Same error message. Still crashing. Here are the log files from the lastest crash.

Posts 26961
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 17 2014 4:08 PM

If there is no other response from Bradley then contact Logos Tech Support.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS