Verbum.com: Academic Discount & Easter Deal Problem

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 24 2014 12:37 PM

At first the Verbum store did not recognize academic discounts for base packages. Now it does. However, with regard to the Easter deal, something is still broken.

Formerly, when I clicked to add the Easter deal to my cart, the package upgrade (with 15% off) and Free Practicum appeared in my cart. Now, when I click to add the Easter deal to my cart, the full package - not the upgrade - appears in my cart for 30% off and there is no Practicum. So this well-intended website functionality upgrade would (inadvertently) have me paying (in the case of Scripture Study+) several hundred dollars more in order to get less. Surprise

PS: Could we please get a Verbum.com forum? Thanks!

Edit: The issue seems to be more complicated than indicated above. Please note that the above phenomenon occurred when I followed the link from the email.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 6:29 PM

You may want to e-mail or call Verbum support:

CS@Verbum.com

1-877-542-7664
Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:02 PM

How do you get 30% discount? 

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:06 PM

This evening I received an email (unexpectedly) from Logos about this matter. The email indicated that academic discounts on base package upgrades (normatively) end 30 days after you buy a base package. I don't think that this is a good policy, but that's their decision to make, not mine. I certainly appreciated getting 30% off of the package that I bought a few months ago!

In any case, this thread was intended more as a service for people in similar situations to me, since I couldn't afford an upgrade even at 30% (or even 50%) off at the present time.

Posts 5577
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 24 2014 7:08 PM

mike:

How do you get 30% discount? 

I qualify for (and applied for) an academic discount, which for me is 30% on base packages and seems to also be varying percentages on a limited number of other products.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS